Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem

Claire took you around the city showing you the sights. Taking in the areas such as the Salem Witch Museum that described the towns history with the witch trials, the Burying Point which was the cemetery where those that judged during the witch trials were buried along with some Revolutionary War victims. The town all in all didn't look all that creepy, at least in come areas.

  But thanks to modernization, it all seems pretty good so far. Claire even took you somewhere to get a phone. With that your life back into the modern world was set.

Y/N: Man, I haven't used one of these in so long.

Claire: Now, I believe you'd like to find somewhere to reside while you stay here?

Y/N: Yeah, that would be nice. I can't thank you enough for doing this for me. I really appreciate it.

Claire: There is no fault. But do not strain yourself with the pleasantries. I can assure you, you'll do fine just relaxing and acting like your usual self.

  You let out a sigh as your smile falls, going back to your usual stoic expression.

Y/N: Was it that obvious?

Claire: To me yes. Anyway, when it comes to residential stay. I'll find you one closer to the school. . . Loading. . . Located. Trader's Point seems sufficient for you.

Y/N: So. You're a robot clearly.

Claire: I prefer the term Automaton. But yes, I am artificial. 

Y/N: Do you have a maker? Like a mother or father.

Claire: My father burned to death in our. . . I mean, his home back in Switzerland. I was sent here afterwards. 

Y/N: . . . Oh. I'm sorry?

Claire: It's fine. After all, it was, as humans say. "What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger."

  She was oddly sentient to you, and after hearing that story made you feel a mix of emotions. She said it so calmly like she felt nothing for her father, but you didn't want to assume. You weren't the best at understanding machines. Though you did wonder if she felt anything at all. She clearly had a semblance of humor at least, but maybe you'd learn more about her with your time in Salem.

  You both arrive at the apartment complex as she opens the door for you.

Claire: After you Mr. Belladonna.

  It felt odd for the woman to open the door for you, even if it was flattering. Entering the building to find you somewhere to rest for the day.

*Meanwhile in Sleepy Hollow*

  Lenore sat in the park staring into the water. Her red eyes lost on the water as she let out a sigh. She stares out as she notices Robin sitting next to her.

Lenore: You look content. I take it you're happy he's gone now?

Robin: In a way, I am glad he's gone. I originally just came to see if you were okay. I'd rather not speak about him.

Lenore: Hehe, I get it. I mean, I don't want to think about him either, but yet here I am thinking about what could have been between the two of us. Guess I'm just a fool in love. . . Hmm. 

  Lenore felt a wave of sadness wash over her as she unconsciously leaned her head on Robin's shoulder. She felt saddened for multiple reasons, even having the feeling that he was running away from his problems by just leaving. She desired more time if he really wanted to fix the bridges burned by his wrath and scorn. But clearly, he didn't care enough. But, then again, she didn't give him much room to speak.