Chapter 24: Serenity

*December 12th, Victoria POV*

  I made my way to school wrapped up tightly in my jacket and scarf. IT was so scold that day that I could see my own breath. But the walk felt a bit quiet. I usually would walk with Robin and then meet up with (Y/N) at some point. I know he and Lenore were having trouble with that spell that Sutrah put them in, it was super funny to see. But I didn't see hide nor tail of either of the two.

  Though I did see an all too familiar red head standing by the entrance of the school.

Victoria: Hey Lenore.

Lenore: Hmm? Oh, your that crazy science girl. One of (Y/N)'s friends right?

Victoria: Yeah. Have you seen him around? I haven't seen him or Robin yet so maybe you have at least seen (Y/N). But since the spell wore off you must be happy actually.

Lenore: Well, actually. . . (Y/N) and I are more official now.

Victoria: . . . . . What?

Lenore: Yeah, he and I are an item now.

Victoria: . . . Oh. . . Congratulations.

  Not gonna lie, I didn't expect him to take Lenore as his lover, especially when he lived with those brides. Do they even know about it? Hmm, this could be bad for him, so I won't speak of this to anyone. But I wonder, has Lenore told anyone?

Victoria: Who else knows?

Lenore: No one but you now. I am a little shy to reveal it. You know how the school is.

Victoria: 'Hmm, she's acting a bit nicer than usual. Maybe this has to do with (Y/N)'s influence?' Well Lenore, If I were you, I'd keep it on the downlow for a while. You know how information spreads like a virus. Who knows, the wrong people could get ahold of this information. So try not to be too open about it.

Lenore: You make it sound like he's dangerous. He's just a little- I mean. He's just a human. If that was his big secret, he isn't very good at hiding it. Then again, his blood was a great sample that gave that secret up. But you're right. Especially if my father were to find out he was human, I don't think he'd approve.

Victoria: 'Yes! Best friend in the world!'

  I throw my arm over Lenore's an lead her inside the school.

Victoria: Don't worry, I'm sure that he's fine. You know how he can be. . . OR, maybe you don't. A boy his age is probably undergoing puberty so his hormones are going to get in the way of his social life since he is a little awkward. Especially with his-

Lenore: I didn't need a science lecture on his boy biology. I took Health class in middle school.

  I rubbed the back of my head as I tried not to get too scientific. But me and Lenore entered the school for the day, hoping the two would come back today, or maybe tomorrow.

*Meanwhile, New Haven*

  Rachel sits in her room reading to herself drinking a glass of whiskey. She is still not over the forces that stole her son from her on the night of Halloween. But she is left with nothing else to live for. No sense of purpose, as it had disappeared, like a thief in the night. 

*Knock Knock*

Rachel: . . . . 

  Rachel ignores the knocking. Although it persists. She let's out a sigh as she uses her crutches to stand, going over to the door, though she stumbles a bit along the way. 

*Knock Knock Knock*

Rachel: I'm coming! Just, shut up or whatever. . .

     Rachel lightly opens the door. She sees a woman with long black hair and red eyes, clad in a long black coat with red sunglasses and a black umbrella.