Chapter 48: Prophet

. . .

"(Y/N)"

  Awaking from your slumber with Artemis, you hear a faint whisper echoing off in the distance. You assumed it to e nothing more than a dream, but odd things like this, you eventually learned to listen out for.

"(Y/N)"

  You lightly get out of the bed as to not disturb Artemis. The voice called you, with an alluring tone.

  The tone guided you outside in the darkness. You wandered the foggy streets, not a single living thing in sight, yet your voice was being called all the same. But you never knew what exactly was calling you.

  As you wandered the forest, you walked until you came into a clearing. The voice calling you still a whisper that felt out of reach, but as you entered this part of the forest, it was clear you were alone, but the voice called unto you once again.

Y/N: Here I am.

  You looked around until you noticed a figure in the distance, their appearance surprising you as you fell to the ground in shock. You did not sense them. You could not sense their presence up until now, they were very blinding to look at. Almost as if they wore light. You hid your face from the radiance as you tried to move away from this unknown. 

  A part of you wanted to fight this, but another part felt as though for once, violence was not needed at all. It made confusion ring in your body until they spoke.

???: Peace be still.

  Your body instantly obeyed as you were calmed. But hid your face from their light. Whatever or whoever they were. Feeling them walk closer, they lightly place their hands on your hands.

???: Be not afraid. For I am not your enemy. 

  They move their hands down to your face as they caress your cheek, moving your hair as you look up at them.

???: It has been some time since we last spoke.

Y/N: . . . Who are you?

Gabriel: I am the Archangel Gabriel

Gabriel: I am the Archangel Gabriel. I have been watching your actions ever since you took this assignment (Y/N), or as you are referred to, Raphael.

  His features were so young, like yours. He was the same height as you from what you could see.

Y/N: I-I don't understand.

Gabriel: Oh right, you wouldn't remember. Well, allow me to enlighten you. Before you ere born as (Y/N), you were, and still are the Archangel Raphael, one of the seraphim, leader of the virtues, the Healer of God. In the realm of heaven, we foresaw a calamity, an end to humanity through the plague of monsters. One of us was tasked to put an end to it, and we needed one who would not fall to darkness. Michael, Uriel, Jophiel, myself, and many others were up for this task. But out of all of us, God chose you. Michael found it strange at first, but knew better than to question God, even I was a bit worried. How would a healer fight such darkness. But then I saw you fight. You are capable of such grand violence and all kinds of wicked ways.