Chapter 25: Awaken

In the car ride back to Sleepy Hollow, Marishka drove the car with it's deeply tinted windows while Rachel slept in the passenger seat. Marishka would glance over at Rachel from time to time looking her up and down.

Marishka: 'Hmmm, this woman. I can see where (Y/N) got most of his looks from.'

    Though she thought mostly on how the others were handling (Y/N)'s poor condition. Though while in thought, Rachel suddenly shot awake.

Rachel: Stop the car!

Marishka: What? It's daylight, I'm not-

Rachel: Then stop it somewhere shady! There's bloody trees everywhere just do it.

  Marishka steered off the road and near some trees. Rachel forced the door open as she crawls out of the car and starts vomiting on the side of the road. Marishka just looks at her with a look of pity. Remembering when this woman was the most feared hunter in the world. Reduced to this. She takes an umbrella and steps out of the car walking next to Rachel and lightly rubbing her back.

Marishka: Where have the times gone Van Helsing. I must say I should be happy, but seeing you in this state makes me feel. . . sorry for you.

  Rachel spits out the last of her vomit as she just turns to Marishka.

Rachel: Hmmm. . . .

. . .

Marishka: . . . Oh come on. Even your son is more fun when I talk to him like this. Now I really miss him. Let's just go. 

  Marishka picks Rachel up and walks her back to the car. Rachel tugs on Marishka's hair and grits her teeth.

Rachel: You best watch where your hands are going.

Marishka: Sorry, here I thought you couldn't feel anything from the waist down. Just wanted to see if the original source was just as soft. Anyway, let's make haste now.

  As the two get back into the car, it was a silent ride for a time being. Although Marishka found the silence annoying.

Marishka: So, first time not trying to kill a vampire?

Rachel: . . .

  Marishka frowns a bit as she thinks of something else to ask.

Marishka: Have any other kids?

  Rachel just slowly turns to glare at Marishka, not saying a word as it set in that it may not be the best question to ask.

. . .

Marishka: What was (Y/N) like as a kid?

Rachel: . . . Happy. . . Cute. . . Precious.

Marishka: So you will only talk if the conversation is about (Y/N)?

Rachel: You got a problem with him?

Marishka: Well, kinda. He's a bit of a moody annoying bastard. He's got nerve, and I hate him for it. Especially when he came to me trying to make amends or whatever he was trying to do.

Rachel: . . . Wait. . . What?

Marishka: OH, it was nothing. I tried to kill him but he said some sappy sweet stuff or whatever, I was mad for a bit, he came in trying to make amends, I kissed him, the usual.

  Rachel grabs Marishka by the neck trying to strangle her as Marishka tries to gain control of the vehicle. Though she was able to push Rachel off a bit as Rachel stabs her in the hand with a hidden blade up her sleeve.

Rachel: HOW DARE YOU TAINT MY SON'S INNOCENCE YOU HARLOT!!! You all just try to force yourselves on him I bet. You really think he'd be into someone like you?