Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion

Your cold heart rang with fear as so many senses in your body told you to run. You couldn't help it as her father continued to stare at you with his cold gaze. You were brought to light as you heard the door open as you felt something yank on your collar.

???: Hey, dumbass. Come on, we're late.

  You were too stunned and Lenore looked beside you to see the person in question, along with her father.

Man: And who's this?

???: None of your business. Come on, we gotta go or else we'll get an ear full from our boss.

  You are dragged out of the café before Lenore or her father could object, but Lenore speaks up with a smile to her father.

Lenore: He is a busy boy father. Very responsible too. I hope you'll give him a chance.

  Her father only looked on as you were dragged off taking a deep sigh as his gaze never softened once as he looked on.

  Meanwhile, you are dragged down the street and tossed onto a bench where you receive a hard slap across the face.

??? Geez you are so pathetic. Snap out of it already, or are you just that weak?

  Your vision focused as you process the words spoken to you. You stand up to speak back but are silenced by the person you see.

 You stand up to speak back but are silenced by the person you see

Y/N: . . . R-Robin?

Robin: Who else dumbass? Now come on before-

  You rush at him with great speed as you hug onto him tightly. He is surprised at first but soon hugs you back as he strokes your hair.

Robin: Aww, you missed me that much huh?

Y/N: Where? How? What? . . . What happened to you, you look. . . Dark.

Robin: Coming from you? That hurts. I just got into some stuff, no big deal man. How's about you. I handle some biz for a bit and you're already banging another vampire.

Y/N: I am not sleeping with her. My virginity is still in tact.

Robin: Good.~

Y/N: What?

  Robin goes over to you and fixes your collar.

Robin: I said, good, You know, since you were so hellbent on not being tainted by us monsters right? You look paler than usual, and you smell. . . a bit odd too. You let Victoria experiment on you?

Y/N: N-No. Well, let's go somewhere else. Your place maybe?

Robin: You finally wanna come to my place? Well, my grandad is probably sleeping right now, so yeah, you can come in. But you gotta promise not to make too much noise.

  You walk with Robin as you can't help but feel a bit warmer inside. Your friend was alright, he looked a bit more gothic than before, he even acted and sounded different too. Not the same mage you knew back then.