Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel

*December 14th, Aleera's POV*

  (Y/N) has really made some interesting friends in this city. Victoria offered to take Rachel to wait for (Y/N) with her, since it would be risky to keep her here. Although my sweet (Y/N) is still missing. I fear for his safety. Though, Verona trusted that he'd be alright and I have learned to trust her judgment. 

  A part of me worried for him though. I originally brought him here to keep him all to myself, in a way to isolate him. But it is amazing to have him being out and about. Especially now if Carmilla wants him. If Carmilla were to really come for him, there's nothing I could do to defend him. I have never felt this powerless. Dracula promised me that I'd never have to go through that weakness ever again.

  As time went on, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. Turning to meet face to face with Marishka. 

Marishka: You worry for him that much?

Aleera: Yes. I'd go searching for him. But since the holiday season is upon us, more and more people flood the streets. It would be odd to have one of Dracula's brides searching for someone like him.

Marishka: Hmm, I had forgotten about the holidays. All the Christmas' we've seen have all  been blurs to me. . . You think this one will be different?

Aleera: . . . I have a harrowing feeling that darkness is all that will be our gift this year. Now that Carmilla is awake, we are truly lost.

Marishka: She won't do anything drastic. She may be powerful, but she isn't stupid.

Aleera: It's less her strength that scares me, but her intelligence I'm worried for. . . I say, we enjoy the good while we have it. Having (Y/N) around has truly been a treat.

???: Even though we cannot protect him forever.

  I turn to see our elder sister Verona. She walks over to us, caressing our faces as she holds us closer.

Verona: There is no way we can keep him safe in Sleepy Hollow forever. If he is to survive, then he must be sent away. Somewhere Carmilla or any other lord or lady wouldn't think to find him. It's only a matter of time till Carmilla comes here herself to finish their line forever. 

  I wasn't for the idea of sending him away. It wasn't the best idea to me. Where would he even go? Would he really be safe without us to protect him?

Verona: We'll decide on this after the holidays. For now, let's do what Aleera said, and enjoy it while we can. He'll return to you Aleera. He always does.

*With Sutrah*

  I watched as Victoria worked tirelessly. Seemingly unable to get any progress on helping Rachel with her problem. It seemed that her science wasn't powerful enough to heal your mother's deep injuries.

Victoria: I am a failure. I couldn't help you whatsoever. I call myself a scientist yet I could not restore your legs!

  Victoria fell to her knees crying into Rachel' lap, making her recoil a bit. Victoria sobbed and sobbed as Rachel just looked down at her, not wanting to push her off. Rachel just lightly reaches her hand over Victoria's head. Lightly petting her head. It was such a sweet gesture, and it was clear that after a bit, Victoria clearly needing the motherly love.

Rachel: I-It's alright. . . I didn't expect this all too work anyway, no need to cry over something out of your control. Besides, it's only been a day. Something like this seems like it would take years of research and development. It's all a lot for one person.

Victoria: For normal people es. B-But normally with things lie this, I may have a breakthrough in SOMETHING by now! I'm such a disappointment!

  Victoria cried into Rachel's lap as she wasn't used to this kind of thing. I walked over and sat next to Rachel, rubbing Victoria's head to comfort her.