Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama

Late that night, on the night of October 23rd. A man running through the forest dodging a warrior clad in cloth as they slash at him relentlessly. He ducks under the slash as he throws a kunai at his attacker.

Attacker: Relinquish what you have stolen, or face my judgment.

Man: Never! MY lady will rise again, she will walk amongst the living once more!

  He goes to run but a bullet narrowly wifs past his head, looking and seeing his attacker, clad in robes. The man throws out five pellets at his attacker as they all explode into a ploom of smoke. He rushes as fast as he can out of the smoke running to the tree line as his attacker launches a grapple out of their sleeve. Hunting the man as they make their way into the nearby city.

Attacker: Shit, I perused him all the way to the west for this. This thief has some nerve, stealing from my family's treasury. If she finds a vessel, it will be all too late. And in a city of beasts like this, no good can come of it.

  They rush through the treeline in pursuit of their target.

  The man made his way into the city, clinging to the shadows as he holds something close to his chest. He was out of breath as he made his way through the buildings and darkest parts to avoid sight by anyone on the streets at the time.

  He forced his way past many people in the city as he ducks out of the way of a bullet that silently grazed past his face. Spilling light drops of blood as he rushes as fast as he can, running into a small apartment complex, slowly making his way up the steps.

Man: 'Must. Find. A. Vessel.'

  The man repeated to himself as he ran and ran and ran. She rushed up the steps until he rushed through one of the floors. He looked at all the doors on the floor, picking one at random. Holding the relic, a video tape close to his chest.

Man: Find solace in the vessel chosen by fate. 

  He knocks on the door and leaves the relic on the floor. He rushes down the hall stealthfully as he peaks from down the hall. You looks as he sees a boy with messy dark hair and a dark aura open the door.

???: I am not in need of any help of your Jas-

  He looks down at the ground,  as he grabs the tape and examines it for a while. He mumbles to himself for a moment until he takes the tape inside. The man smiles gratefully as he feels a feeling of relief wash over him.

  He rushes out of the apartment complex in an attempt to flee. He rushes out the window, lightly landing on the grass, making his way out of the building. As he rushes back in order to retreat in the building, his legs are tripped up as he falls to the ground. 

  The man grunts and cuts it as he notices the his attacker standing there.

Man: It's too late. By now she has found a proper vessel.

Attacker: Then your life is forfeit. Means I don't have to wait to kill you.

  They aim a revolver at the man.

Man: Do you or your family not have honor? What would your father think Suzume Akiyama.

  The warrior now known as Suzume stares for a moment until they put it back in their holster as they instead draw their blade. The man grins as he draws his blade as well.

  The two stand off as they take their stances. The man rushing at Suzume, the two clash blades as as sparks fly, revealing the face of Suzume to the man.

Man: That face. It's clear you aren't like your brothers. You have the face of a mixed breed. Your father was clearly unfaithful. Then again, when has anyone in your family ever had honor.