Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween

*October 30th, Sleepy Hollow, 8:21am*

Jasper: Wow, this city get's really into Halloween.

Claire: Since most creatures here are of occult origin, it makes sense. 

  You look around the city taking in the familiar sights. All of which not filling you with any positive memories of any kind. In fact it made your head hurt looking around. And the ones that did fill you with joy once upon a time, only irritated you that they could not last, and added to the head pain. Your face and body slowly went from fear to nothing. Letting out a sigh as you all overlook the area.

  None of the festivities or decorations around the city could make you feel anything.

Jasper: Wow, this place is really creepy, but like the cool kind.

Suzume: I guess.

Jasper: Aren't you a hunter? You don't feel bothered at all?

Suzume: No. I've been in situations up to now, besides, these little beasties ain't like the yokai of Tsushima where I'm from. I'm cool with a lot of beasts. How are you handling being back (Y/N).

Y/N: Not the best. I thought I'd be afraid, but I'm not even that. Seeing everything it really puts things into perspective. But it's whatever. You guys go get set up at the hotels or wherever you guys wanna stay, I need to go for a walk.

  You walk off and examine the surrounding area while holding your head a bit. It was amazing how splendid it looked. The decor and the theme. All the orange and black, the jack-o-lanterns, the autumn leaves that crunched under your feet as you walk. It was the perfect scene for anyone who loved the fall season and especially Halloween.

   Memories of past events play in your mind, you see the Coffee shop where you spent all your time with Robin, Lenore, Victoria and the others. The memories only made you clench your fist as you just walk off, trying to focus your mind. But, while on your walk, you found the manor. 

  You stared at it for a while. You haven't been inside in a little over nine months. Ever since you did your actions. You knew they weren't inside the house at the moment, but for the most part, you remember when you first arrived here in this city.

  You walked to the manor as it sat in it's own corner of the world. Hidden among trees and bushes, walking down the pathway until you get to the door. You stop and take in the gothic manor, taking some deep breaths as you grab the handle. You try to open it but it appeared to be locked. So you tried to use your claws to pick the lock.

  You honestly weren't the best at picking locks as you continued to admire the outside while trying to enter the manor. From what you could smell, the sister's weren't inside. So, since the door could not be opened.

Y/N: . . . Eh, they won't wanna kill me anymore than they already do. So.

  You kick the door open with minimal effort as the doors fly open, one breaking off the hinges. You enter the manor taking in the scent that the sisters left behind. You could smell their sweet scent the further you walked into the building. You look as you trace your fingers against the walls, taking in the decor. The manor didn't really change all that much.

  Everything was still the same from what you recall. Walking down the halls, you still see all the objects they had from when you first were there. It was nostalgic in a way. You let out a sigh as you went to each of their rooms. You started with Aleera's. Entering the room as you took in how... damaged it looked.

  While it was clean, but there were claw markings in the walls and bullet holes in some areas. You remember that encounter, although you tried to block it out. Her scent stained the air. The smell of her blood. It made you feel remorse. You knew your ties with them were all possibly void. You laid don on her bed looking up at the ceiling as you just take in the sights of her room.