Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More

The town of Sleepy Hollow, a quiet town meant for residence of the supernatural, but now something more was hidden beneath the seams. Morrigan sat in her shop, whistling to herself as she cleaned up for the day. It was a quiet day for her and  everyone involved since they last spoke with you when your mother first arrived.

Morrigan: I hope you're alright (Y/N). Where ever you are.

  The door to she shop opened as She turned her head. All the birds inside doing the same, her ears twitched a bit, but there was no answer. 

Morrigan: Must me some strong wind outside.

  She made her way to the door as to close it for the day. She let out a sigh as she turned and bumped into someone. Falling back onto her butt as she looked through the eyes of her raven. She felt a dark aura in front of her. 

Morrigan: (Y/N)? Is that you?

Y/N: . . . Yeah.

  Morrigan ignores the dark aura as she rushes to you hugging you tightly. You were unphased for the moment as you just let her embrace you.

Morrigan: What happened to you! I thought you'd be in trouble. What is this, dark air around you?

  You said nothing and ignored her question as you just took in the air around her, her scent was alluring even more now.

Y/N: I came on business. I came for Night's Bane.

  You let out a whistle as the blade came to you, but you caught it in between your charpened nails. Moving out of Morrigan's grasp as you sheathed the blade on your hip.

Y/N: Such a feeble tool. It will do for now though I guess.

Morrigan: Wait, you never answered me. What has happened to you? We are all worried about you. Are you alright?

Y/N: My condition isn't YOUR business you filthy witch! Now, make yourself useful, and get out of my way so I can go! 

  Morrigan was taken aback by your sudden rude and arrogant tone. As you go to leave, you feel her hand on your wrist.

Morrigan: Hold on! You are not going to speak with me that way! I am-

Y/N: What? You're my master, my keeper, my watcher.

  With each word you stepped closer to her, making her recoil back a bit.

Y/N: My mentor? My teacher?

  You take a final step as you back her against the shelves.

Y/N: My mother? . . . No. You aren't anything. Just a tired witch in a god forsaken town. You can't command me the way you think you can!

  Morrigan looked at you with a surprised yet confused face. It was lie she didn't now who or what you were at this point. But through her Raven, she was able to see your violet eyes, those same eyes gave her the feeling that you were looking through her very being. You stepped back from her as she tris to speak to you.

Morrigan: What has become of you. You used to be. . . different. You had morals, even had senses of purity. Now you are just a hypocrite.

  You stop and stare back at her.

Y/N: A hypocrite am I? I'm better off as I am now. I was too stupid to free myself from those shackles of weakness that bound me. The weakest Van Helsing. Little (Y/N). What a pathetic creature I was, and you all had pity for me being the only human here. Well, now that I am like this, I am better than all of you put together. "I have never lost a fight to man, nor fucking beast." That's what I always said. . . Well. . . Now I mean it.