Chapter 44: Beloved

Y/N: Marishka?

  You stared at her as she looked back at you with a cold gaze.

Y/N: No. . . this is all in my head. . . you're not really here. How would you even know where I was.

Marishka: You aren't that hard to track. But I expected you to be on some grand adventure. Not cowering away in ANOTHER small town. But, old habits I guess. Running and hiding from your problems where you think we can't reach you. Yet, here is your problem. Right here.

Y/N: You were never my problem.

Marishka: Really? 

  She traces her claw over the scar on her neck.

Marishka: That didn't stop you from trying to kill me and my sisters. To think, after we accepted you into our family. But even you should know, never bury your enemies alive. I don't plan to with you.

  You put your claws away as you walk closer to her. You walk closer as you see her extend her own claws. You walk closer to her slowly.

Y/N: Marishka. You were never my problem. I didn't mean to hurt you or the others. 

  Marishka rushes at you, grabbing you by the neck as she hisses in your face. Baring her fangs at you as you just stare in her eyes. Your chaotic mind was isolated as you just looked her in the eyes. Her grip tightened around your neck as she lifted you in the air.

Marishka: I can't believe I ever loved you. Even with this. . . lesser version of you. 

  She tosses you aside as she readies herself for a fight.

Marishka: Fight me. You didn't hesitate before.

  She rushes at you at high speeds as you ducked under her strike, grabbing her by the wrist and pushing her aside making her stagger a bit. She looks back at you slashing at you. While you didn't care to live, you wanted to live long enough to apologize to her. If she was here now, then the others must be near or something. Even if it was just Marishka, you wanted to try.

  She lashes at you as you grab her arm, kneeing her in the stomach and flipping her over your shoulder. You look down at her as she quickly leaps up to her feet.

Y/N: I don't want to hurt you. I admit, I do want to die. I believe it would make your lives easier, and the lives of everyone around me. But you came here. I don't know why you're here, but I ant you to know, I am sorry. You can kill me if you want. But not until I make things right with your sisters.

Marishka: They will never forgive you. You hurt them, you hurt me! You will only ever be a reminder of the love you stole from us! I knew we should have NEVER let Aleera keep you!

  As she talks, sirens are heard in the distance. You look over the building as Marishka smiles to herself. Wings form from her back as she flies into the air. 

Marishka: IF you truly desire your own death, go ahead. Jump off the building and break your skull open. I'll return to feast on your remains.

  As she goes to fly away, you feel a surge in your body as you leap into the air, digging your claws into her back. You grab her by the hair as you take control of her, turning her hair into a certain direction.

Marishka: GET OFF OF ME!!!

  She quickly spins around to get you off as you dig your claws into her body. You grab her tightly, hugging your arms around her waist as she reaches down, trying to rip your arms from her. You climb up her body as you wrap your arms around her neck.

  Looking down you saw just how high in the air you truly were. Falling from this height was sure to kill you. She spins around making your grip loosen, making you feel nautious as you try to hold onto her. Hugging her tightly.