Chapter 50: Now You See Me

Later on in the day, you and the others went out as night began to fall. Lenore and Artemis left for the parade, you sat in Aleera's room staring out the window. You asked for Jasper to go and send for Suzume, then she can deliver your weapon to you here in the manor.

  Tracing your fingers across the arm of the chair as you continue watching the dark sky. 

Y/N:  . . . Are you lonely too?

  There was no response.

Y/N: You know I don't have any siblings. I only ever had one friend when I was a human. I've never felt like more of an outcast amongst my own kind. Then when I became this, I managed to make everyone hate me, so even as a monster, I still don't fit in with other entities. . . Not like you'd get it, or maybe you would. I don't know how you were put into that video tape, or what your purpose is, all I know is you make walking around electronics difficult for me.

  You continue to stare into the window of the room as you trace your fingers over your chest.

Y/N: You have my permission to come out you know. I don't mind you being in my body, but having a silent looming demon leads to nothing good.

  There was no response as you just let out a sigh. You heard light tapping on your window as the taps grew in number. It was raining. And on the night of Halloween.

Y/N: Well, looks like no candy for tonight.

  Standing from the seat as you overlook the city from Aleera's room. It made you feel things, things that reminded you of your past. Your life. The loneliness you had all your life, only having your mother for most of it. Now you have all your friends back, but you didn't feel complete without those three.

???: Still moping over those three. I thought angels were above that?

  A raspy voice says into your ear. It was the first time you heard the voice, so it made you on edge at first. Their cold breath seeping into your mind, it was all too clear who it was.

Y/N: You finally decide to speak to me? 

???: Yes.

Y/N: Why now of all times?

???: It's easier now. Today is the Night Parade. It's easiest to commune with the living when the veil between our worlds is so thin. That, and because I wanted to know exactly whose body I inhabit. Raphael.

Y/N: It's just (Y/N) actually.

  A dark chuckle rings out as from the dark veil of your hair, a hand creeps through, lightly tracing it's fingers over your cheeks. The hand was feminine, the skin stained black with a cold dead touch as the cherry on top.

???: Call yourself whatever you want. I find myself in a particular situation. This is some divine comedy. Here, I thought you were a useless boy. But, you are much more. Such a strong body, a strong divine soul. Radiant. No wonder I could not possess you.

Y/N: What exactly is your angle with me. Why not leave and possess someone else if you cant with me?

???: Mmmm, your body is a prison. Like a church, or a temple. I cannot act or leave unless you allow me to. But I know that you know how strong I am. Even if you don't in full, you know enough.

  You look as the hand vanishes into your hair. Emerging on the other side, caressing your chest. It feels like you were being caressed from the inside and out. It felt odd, yet comforting for some reason. Likely because you didn't think this spirit would be able to hurt you, because if it could, they would have by now. But now it was clear why they were so dormant for a time.