Chapter 17: Night's Bane

*November 29th, Carmilla's POV*

  I stood at my table, overlooking the updated map of the Americas. Marking where this Sleepy hollow was in New York, I knew that is where the Van Helsing boy was. I never could understand why those sisters would keep him alive. From what I heard he was in good health still. Freely walking the streets. What is their game? But soon it won't matter. Since the blood hunt was initiated, soon he'll be nothing but a bloodbag for all of the vampires in my court.

Ruth: Mistress, vhat are you looking for?

Carmilla: You said this Van Helsing boy was in Sleepy Hollow. But does he have any other family.

Ruth: Zhe boy has a mother. Rachel Van Helsing is her name. Though she vas forced into retirement after a confrontation vith Verona Tepes.

Carmilla: Hmm, yet they want to keep her son alive? I need to go to Sleepy Hollow to understand there mindset. Are they crazed with grief? They surely aren't thinking straight.

Ruth: Mistress, you musn't sully your hands vith the blood of a vorthless child. Let any of zhe other handle him. The letter's for zhe blood hunt have been sent out, so just vait.

Carmilla: Hmm, well fine. I'll leave the son to the rest of you. But I'd like to handle the mother myself. Having two Van Helsings will give me all the satisfaction I need to rest easy. 

*Meanwhile*

  Entering back into the dark manor, you are swarmed by a flurry of bats, as they form into Aleera.

Aleera: My sweety is finally back!

  Aleera enveloped you in a hug, smashing her lips against yours as she hods onto you ever so tightly. Once she separates, she notices your face as you look at her. You look at her with a look of slight annoyance as you remember the events of the past couple of days.

Aleera: Hmm? Is something wrong my love?

Y/N: . . . . Sorry. Just, your face. . . I've been having trouble with. . . You know what, never mind.

  You drop your bag on the ground very annoyed as you collapse on the couch nearby. Verona appears from the darkness as she sits on the couch next to you. Pulling your body into her arms, holding onto you like a doll.

Verona: Aleera, I think he's stressed.

Aleera: I hear High School does that to teenagers. But I wouldn't know. 

Verona: Well (Y/N)? What could we do to relax you.

  You lean your head back against Verona's chest as you feel the softness of her breasts.

Y/N: Mmmmm, just let me use your boobs as pillows. They are soft enough to relax me.

Verona: Oh so straight forward. Usually you're more professional.

Y/N: I am to tired to care. Dealing with Vampires in school is exhausting, and Theater Arts is a strain on my lifespan.

  You fall unconscious on Verona's chest as she just holds onto you. The sound of footsteps is made clear as Aleera looks over noticing Marishka coming over.

Aleera: Look who crawled out of their cave. Greetings sister.

  Marishka didn't respond as she grabbed you by your wrist, baring her fangs as she lightly bites your wrist.

Verona: So greedy. The boy has had a hard day and you just come to drink from him?

Marishka: Why the hell would I care? He's just a human here to feed on anyway.

  Marishka continues to drink from your wrist as you just weakly open your eyes.

Y/N: Oh, hey dark angel.