Chapter 15: Expanding Minds

November 28th, Styria, Austria

*??? POV*

  How long has it been exactly.

  Decades? Centuries even. I have been asleep for so long. So many years that I have missed. The world is probably so different than it was then. But no way it could be THAT different. Humans being as stupid as they are couldn't have done much. Especially with the others. I know they probably already took over a good fraction of, if not the entirety of the world.

  The door to my chambers began to slowly open as I was greeted by an all to familiar face.

???: Hello zhere! How long has it been, since our paths have crossed? Vhat year was it when we last spoke master Carmilla?

  I turned to see the woman, in dark garb emphasizing her slim yet lanky appearance, long black hair that went to her knees, her ghostly blue eyes and pale skin.

Carmilla: . . . Ahh, Ruth Nachtnebel. That depends. What year is it?

Ruth: Vell, it is zhe year 2022. So, zhere's zhat. You have been asleep for about a few hundred years zhan. 

Carmilla: What happened to your voice? I knew you had an accent, but your have a lisp now. Why?

  Ruth scratches the back of her head a bit embarrassed.

Ruth: Vell, I did get shot in zhe mouth by a Van Helsing some time ago. Guess it hasn't fully healed yet even after all these years.

Carmilla: A Van Helsing? They still live in this era?

Ruth: A yes, you have been asleep for some time. So, zhere are some events zhat you need refreshing.

  After some time, I stood from my resting place, going out into the moonlight, as the light of the moon bathed over my bare skin. Oh how I missed this sensation, but the sensation was taken away and replaced with anger once I was told about the previous events.

Carmilla: So, you're telling me that humanity has advanced significantly since my time, Dracula was killed by a Van Helsing, and said Van Helsings are still alive?

Ruth: Zhe last being a child, known as (Y/N).

Carmilla: . . . (Y/N)? Are you sure that their name is that?

Ruth: Yes m'lady. He currently resides in zhe town of Sleepy Hollow in New York state in zhe Americas.

Carmilla: New York? . . . Ah, that village in the Americas.

Ruth: Zhere's a lot about zhe vorld zhat you need to learn.

Carmilla: Is that why your dressed in these odd garbs?

Ruth: Zhis is referred to as a suit Lady Carmilla. Speaking of garbs, ve should get you dressed, you're as bare as zhe day of your birth.

 Time passed into the night as I got dressed in my robes. Drinking a long needed drink of blood. Such a sweet taste, I had forgotten how good drinking had felt. So many years of healing, and now was the time for me to enact my plans.

Carmilla: Ruth, what of the court?

Ruth: A yes, vell, many lords and ladies vere killed by hunters, vhich I retaliated best I could. Killing a good number.

Carmilla: Hmm, as expected. You all can't really do shit without me. Running around like chickens with their heads cut off as soon as Dracula dies. But, now I think we should handle this a bit more carefully. If the world has gotten this advanced. . . What of Dracula's wives. Verona, Marishka, and the wild child Aleera?

Ruth: Zhey reside in Sleepy Hollow. With zhe Van Helsing.

  I stopped drinking as I stared at ruth, a bit annoyed and surprised.