Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer

*A Few Days Ago, Robins POV*

  After school, I decided to take the same shortcut I've been taking, thanks to this ring, It let me walk through any solid objects. Trees included making it easier to manage. Though, I still got that chill down my spine whenever I used it. It made me remember the night I spent with (Y/N). Sleeping with him made me feel safe for a night, but since then, I haven't slept peacefully. 

  I wad drained as I just used the ring to walk through the walls to my room before plopping on the bed. Praying that I could get at least a wink of sleep.

???: Robin. . . 

Robin: . . . 

???: Robin. . . . . 

Robin: Again with this voice. What is it you want from me this time?

  The voice sounded tired and slightly feminine. It gave off a cold tone and sent chills down my spine every time it said my name. I had been hearing this voice and getting cold feelings every time I used the ring. But for some reason, I never wanted to take it off. I recalled showing it to my grandpa after a bit and he informed me that it was a ring that housed unfamiliar properties. Especially since the runes aren't in a language that neither of us knew. It's magic was chilling, and rang with something deeper.

  Later that night, I tried to rest as I got another chill as it said something besides my name.

???: Your magic is lacking.

Robin: . . . Huh?

  I look to my hand, looking at the ring.

Robin: My magic is not lacking. I just haven't been too focused on certain spells.

???: . . .The only spell you have used properly was that Ice spear. . .

Robin: . . . I can still use some magic though. Is that all you are for? Just to judge my magical abilities?

???: . . . 

Robin: So what if I'm not the best with magic. I'll get better, that way when (Y/N) needs me, I can be there and help him out.

???: This (Y/N). . . will not live long.

  This had my curiosity as I wasn't sure what it meant.

Robin: What are you talking about?

???: Your friend will not last long in this world. While he wore me for the time he did, I was able to see glimpses into his soul to better use my abilities. But he handed me to you, someone actually versed in magic, if not by much. His soul is shrouded in death, and those who live in death, do not live long.

Robin: He's a hunter. He has been his whole life. He's skilled enough to get out of any situation.

???: He may have skill, but his immaturity will be the end of him. He is brash, impulsive, and easy to anger. While you are calmer, softer, more cautious and careful. You both are opposites to the core.

  I wanted to believe this thing was lying, but I couldn't help but think about all the times he's been that way. I've only seen him act cold and somewhat impulsive. But he was caring as well, though, maybe there was something darker that he never would tell me. In his eyes, I am only a monster. So I don't expect him to care too much for me or the others.

Robin: Wait. You're only a ring of Intangibility, what exactly are you?

???: There is more abilities under my seems than simple intangibility. My magic comes from those who dwelled amongst the descendants of Adam and Eve. The language my runes are carved are enochian.