Comfort in a company | Dick G.

I'm warming up so I will be writing somewhat, maybe progressive, platonic (friendship) stuff.

Reader is Dick's closest friend and knows of his identity.

**

You had been living with your partner for a little while now.

More like 2 years already.

At first it was nice and sweet, they were always home to keep you company, they were the one who asked you to live with them to escape your horrible living conditions. You appreciated everything they did for you, they truly cared for you and showed it through their actions. Took you on road trips and food adventures whenever you both were free.

Though, it had been some time since you noticed they were a little bit distant, your partner went out a lot now. They never really told you where they were off to.

"I'm going out."

That's all they would say and they would come back super late. Sometimes it would be 3 or 4 in the morning. Though, they'd still check up on you whenever they were on their way home but that still didn't ease your thoughts.

Plus it sucked to be alone most of the time.

You sighed.

Dick, who was just visiting, looked at you over the rim of his coffee mug. He was sat across from you, who were sitting on the couch, on the floor.

"What's up?" He asked, sipping his coffee before putting the mug down on the coffee table.

"I think I'll be home alone again tonight," you answered, your mood was sour which was understandable.

The first thing Dick noticed when the door opened was the tear streaks on your face. He went inside and engulfed you in a tight hug after slamming the door shut, kissing your head as you sobbed into his chest and stayed that way  until your shoulders stopped shaking.

He felt bad because he hadn't been able to visit you, it had been months. His work was taking so much of his time.

That and protecting the city was definitely not easy and time consuming.

That didn't mean he didn't try, he kept you updated of his life and you with yours so Dick knew what was going on, but just glimpses, the guy didn't know how long had this been going on and how bad it was.

He just knew that your partner would always go out straight as soon as they came back from work or during the weekends they'd have plans that did not involve you.

Dick watched you wipe more stray tears before moving to sit beside you, your thighs touching together because of how close you were.

His presence always brought you so much comfort, he was protective over his friends, very touchy but that was Dick.

He still respects boundaries and all you need was just to say the word.

He wrapped an arm around your shoulders, "I'll stay here and keep you company," he offered, "if you are okay with it of course. A sleepover, it's been a while."

You lean into his side, looking up at him with teary but sweet smile that always made him smile back, showing his pearly whites.

"That would be nice, I don't think I can take another night of this," you finally admitted, chest feeling lighter now that you were getting it out.

"I don't want to sound selfish, I really don't mind them going out and having fun with their friends but I feel neglected?" You told him, "they barely spend time with me anymore at home, Dick. We talked about this and they said they'd spend more time with me but here we are."

Dick could feel you starting to cry again and he let you, you needed this and he was there to provide you with the company that you needed.

"Am I boring? Is it selfish that I want them around me more?"

He was quick to shake his head, "no, if anything you are the least boring person that I know of and no, it is not selfish to want your partner to spend time with you."

He could practically see the dark thoughts that were forming in your head. You had been having more of those ever since all this happened.

"This... this is not good for you, sweetheart," he pointed out as he rubbed your shoulder with his calloused thumb, "the overthinking that they give you right now, the constant worries and the tears."

"I know, Dick. I told myself I need to leave but it sounds selfish that I want to leave because we never really spend time together."

"No, it's not," he was stern and it made you look back up into his breathtaking blue eyes, he quickly gave your nose a light pinch as he continued, "and if I can spend several minutes out of my patrol to check on my little doofus, why can't they?"

You look down at your clasped hands to hide the heat that was creeping up to your cheeks, "good point."

"Now, how does a movie and cuddles-until-we-are-sick-of-each-other sound?"

You snorted out a laugh and you felt your heart fluttered in your chest, "Ha! I would never get sick of you, dickhead."

"So, is that a yes?" He grinned.

"Mhm, of course," you got up, "now let me just turn on the aircon because you and I will sweat our asses off if I don't."

**

Ugh, (totally) platonic cuddling Dick Grayson.
🥺🫶