plushies | Jason T.

It's been 2 years, TWO YEARS since I have written anything.

First off, I'd like to apologize that I haven't gotten to your requests yet. I don't think I'd be able to for some time.

I got back because I just remembered at 12:30AM I have a Wattpad account.

Reader is a kid in this.

××

You stared at Jason in silence, little hands covering your mouth with tears brimming in your eyes.

"Ah, f-" Jason stopped his sentence, he got up from the couch he just sat on, a hand reaching down to get the bat plushie he accidentally smushed under him.

"Mr. Batty is—"

You were just gone for a few minutes, left the little doll Bruce got you for your birthday on the couch just for a little bit to grab some water because you were thirsty and came back to the view of your brother sitting on the very same spot you left the plushie at.

The doll was now flattened, the cotton inside is most definitely mushed because Jason is not a small man.

He is massive.

Bigger than Bruce, even.

"I'm sorry," he rubbed the back of his neck, the apology tasted weird on his tongue but he didn't want to say anything else after seeing the pout on your face as you approached him with furrowed eyebrows and scrunched nose.

Cute.

"Now he is dead," you said with sadness lacing your voice as you took the plushie gently from his hand.

He cocked an eyebrow at that, crouching low to meet your eyes.

"There's hope for him still," he took your little hand in his, guiding you towards the bathroom.

"How?"

"The Lazarus pit," he turned on the tap to fill the bathtub with just enough warm water to soak the doll.

Would it work? Hopefully so, it'd be a bit embarrassing to call Alfred.

"The larus-what pit?" You watched him dunk your plushie into the water, stretching it as he did.

Jason paused for a moment, his eyes drifted to the side as he realized that you were the only kid that weren't quite involved in their nightlife.

You knew who they were and what they do at night but were not there when he died and brought back to life, when he went rogue and almost killed everyone in Gotham.

Bruce didn't tell you everything but told you just enough so you were somewhat in the loop.

"I'm putting him in a magic pool so he comes back to life," he squeezed the water out of the doll once he was done, giving it some extra stretches.

"Is there such a thing?" You asked, taking your dear plushie back when Jason handed it to you.

He nodded once, "kind of," and left it at that.

You didn't push, would never push, you let them tell you what you need to know.

Jason brought you outside to the backyard, picking you up to help you hung your plushie to air dry.

"Give it a couple days," he gently put you back down on your feet, "he'll come back to you."

"I know," you said with a smile, "but now you owe me some pancakes."

××

I just thought 'what would happen if Bruce adopted a kid and let them be a somewhat normal kid'