sleeping arrangements | Batmom

I have a very bad baby fever rn.

Just Damian being a normal kid. Very domestic. The older boys are acting childish, Bruce gets annoyed.

**

"Ummi."

Bruce heard a small voice calling for his wife from the door of their bedroom, he could tell that Damian had picked at the lock to get it open.

He felt his wife stirred in her sleep before sitting up, he was still lying down on the bed but now wide awake as the door closed and the sound of feet stepping closer to their bed.

"Hey, sweetheart," she smiled that sleepy smile at their son, her arms outstretched as she pulled the little boy into her arms and up onto their huge bed.

"I can't sleep," the dark haired boy rested his head on her shoulder, heavy lids were fluttering as he struggled to stay awake. "The thunders."

What a liar.

Bruce could barely hear the thundering outside, plus, nothing scared Damian. Not much anyways.

He heard his wife laugh and he finally turned his head to look at the two of them. The view was very domestic, something that did not happen until she came along. She brought a sense of normalcy in their adrenaline filled lives, she gave them a safe space, opened her arms whenever they needed her.

She and Alfred made such a killer team when needed as well.

She rubbed Damian's back softly, pressing her cheek against his head before helping him to lie down in between Bruce and her.

Bruce huffed at that and she shot him a look.

Damian had a very cheeky little smile on his face, blowing raspberries, quietly, at his own father before cuddling his mother.

"Love," she looked at Bruce from over Damian's head, "you know the other boys might come in too, right?"

She hummed, "I don't mind."

"I do," he squinted his blue eyes at his wife and she just smiled in return, carefully leaning over Damian to kiss her husband on the cheek.

"Please save the PDA for later," Damian grumbled.

"I heard noises from in here," another voice chimed in as the door swung back open, it was stopped by a hand on the handle before the door could hit the wall with a loud bang.

Bruce grunted lowly in his throat, the lights from the hallway peeked into their dark bedroom, he put a pillow over his head to protect his sensitive eyes.

"Close the door," he told Dick who stepped in, but realised he was not the only one crowding in front of their bedroom.

There were a couple more pairs of feet coming in before the door was finally closed and locked. The bed sank as the heavy, burly men they called their children find their own spot on his shared bed.

"God." Poor Bruce was on the edge of the bed, his arm and leg were not on the bed anymore.

"Dick, move," Jason's voice was right beside Bruce as he tried to squeeze his pure mass in between him and Damian.

"I'm already at the edge," Dick responded with Tim in between him and Mrs. Wayne.

"I'm squished," Tim muttered.

"You were the one who chose to come here," retorted Damian, voice muffled as he was hugging his mother tightly.

The room was unbearably warm, the temperature had went up as soon as they stepped in and it was a cold, cold night. Bruce quickly reached for the air-conditioning remote and turned it on to the coldest setting possible, letting the remote drop on the carpeted floor.

"I suppose we can do this for one night," her positive voice reached Bruce's ears despite the fact that their boys were bickering over some space that was just not available anymore.

Bruce relented, "just one night."