false suspicion || Jason Todd

This was requested by an awesome person on Tumblr; teen-titans-imagines!

Prompt (shortened): Jason comes back from his patrol only to see her daughter sneaking out, he follows her and finds her meeting up with Dick's daughter, Mar'i.

Warning(s): N/A.

::

Jason had been so suspicious of his daughter lately. This kid just wouldn't stop hiding things behind her back, sometimes it was in a literal way, she should've known that her father was Red Hood for god's sakes. She couldn't fool him no matter how hard she tried.

Tonight, he found her daughter sneaking out with a bag slung over her shoulder when he came back to get something he had forgotten, she was looking on all direction before grappling away from the window of her room towards another direction.

Jason was hiding in the dark, his eyes were narrowed behind his red mask. He had never taught her how to grapple, but she was so good at it. How did she find his old grappling gun? He was sure he hid it in the perfect place. He didn't even remember himself.

When his daughter was in a good distance, he decided to follow, his daughter was wearing a full-face mask he bought her on a festival, her hair was tucked neatly inside her oversized hoodie which was his.

He watched her jumping from roof to roof. He could've sworn he saw her stumble and almost slipped as she landed, her feet were inches away from the edge and the view caused Jason's heart to thump loudly in his chest.

"Holy shit be careful---" Jason almost screamed loudly, chewing on his lower lip. His eyes didn't leave his daughter's figure, he was afraid if he did she would slip, he kept his distance. He was far but close enough to reach her in time if anything happened. "This isn't good for my heart."

Soon, his daughter came to a stop.

Jason was still hiding in the shadows, the building was taller than Wayne Enterprises. He could see Gotham clearly from there, it was truly a beautiful spot, the question was- what was she doing?

"What took you so long?" A familiar voice scolded. It surely wasn't his daughter's.

He peered over the wall he was hiding behind, eyebrow arched. Dick's daughter was standing in front of his own daughter, arms crossed over her chest as she pouted at (y/n). They were almost at the same height, Mar'i being a little taller since she was a half-alien.

"Sorry, but I got the stuff," (y/n) nodded towards the bag that was resting on her back.

Jason couldn't stop the disappointed look that was slowly taking over his features. What stuff? It was normal for him to be this suspicious, did those drug goons roamed around her school again? Targeting the students and his daughter? Not that they knew she was Red Hood's kid anyways. He was sure he gave those lowlifes the punishment they deserved.

That does it, he was going to confront her and lecture her about how bad drugs were for days, then ground her for weeks. She wouldn't be allowed to go outside aside from school. Then, he would tell Dick about this too---

A soft rustling brought him back to reality, the new sight caused him to tilt his head in curiosity but mostly he was relieved.

Both young girls were putting various of foods on the blanket, his daughter pulled out some small pillows out of her bag, after taking off her mask, and snacks he saw her bought when they were on a grocery shopping. He had asked why did she needs a lot of snacks, she just answered that she craved them, he didn't question any further and let her be.

The girls were only having a picnic.

"You didn't answer my question, what took you so long?" Mar'i repeated her question from before, taking a bite of her homemade sandwich.

(Y/n) swallowed her food, "this place is far, alright? Besides, I have to wait for my old man to go on his patrol. He never allows me to go out this late."

"That explains why you're always late."

"Shut up," his daughter rolled her eyes.

Jason sighed, he knew that his daughter had been hiding something behind him. He never knew that she would go as far as breaking the rule of not going out at night, Gotham was dangerous that was why the rule existed in the first place.

He turned around and grappled back towards his now shared place to get the thing he needed in the first place.

"That kid is going to be the death of me."

::

The original prompt: Jason is out on a normal night of patrol. Right as he is about to go back to the apartment, he sees his daughter sneaking out with a bag. So, he decides to follow her, watching as she skillfully jumps and runs from rooftop to rooftop, scales up buildings, and such. Stuff a vigilante would do. So, Jason follows her to this really tall building that overlooks Gotham, only to find Dick Grayson's daughter there! WHAT. OK? So then, Jason's kid unpacks the bag, saying. "I got the stuff." And right as Jason is about to confront her, thinking it's drugs, IT TURNS OUT TO BE A PICNIC?