do you know? || Dick Grayson

Requested: Dark_As_Night_2018

Could you do a Dick x Reader where the reader is insecure about herself and he tries to help her over come her insecurities about herself. Thank you! ^^

A/N: I've been writing so much stuff about insecurities, I'd be running out of ideas if I don't have so many insecurities :>

that's just frickin' sad innit.

Fluff with Dick because... this man- THIS MAN- needs more fluff in this book. I AM TRULY SORRY DICK, ILY BOI.

::

Dick had noticed the changes in you ever since the gathering you both attended at the manor. They were subtle at first, you'd just occasionally glance at the mirror and that was it, then it turned into wearing baggy clothing as if you were hiding-- which soon he found out that you were indeed hiding from people's eyes.

Your insecurities were putting a strain on your relationship with him, he realized. You'd keep him at a distance, he tried to talk you through it- he didn't like this, the last thing he wanted was to lose you over something he knew he could do something about.

If he had to be honest, this was being a non-stop struggle for him for he could feel himself being insecure already. He loved you with all of his beings, he loved absolutely everything about you even your flaws but you didn't see that-- you could not see that. You were too focused on your bad qualities to the point where you were too blind to see the amazing qualities you had that made him fall for you in the first place.

"Babe," the dark-haired man by your side on the edge of the bed. You had one of his shirts on and also his favorite pair of sweatpants, they were way too big for you and his sanity is thinning because you looked adorable in them. "Please, talk to me?"

The shake of your head was expected, this was how it would always go, you not wanting to share your problems with him. He didn't give up though. He would never give up on you.

Dick called your name sternly this time, taking your chin with his fingers and coaxing you to look at him in the eye. You kept on avoiding his gaze, trying to get yourself out of his gentle but firm grip and in return, he opted to cup your face with both of his calloused hands to keep you in place as he called your name one more time.

You finally hesitantly made yourself to look at him, he was absolutely attractive. Chiseled face, a striking pair of blue eyes, perfectly shaped lips and the roughness of them made them even more alluring for some reason, sharp jawline, silky dark hair.

"Babe," he wiped your tears off your cheeks, the tears you didn't even notice because you were too enamored with him. "Stop pushing me away, please."

"What did I do to deserve you?" you whispered, shaky hands went to touch his that were still on your face, gripping them tightly as you leaned into his touch. "I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass, Dick. I don't know what came over me, it's just when I see her I couldn't help but think why do you want me when she is way better than I am."

The words he said to you next took you by surprise, "remember that one time where we got caught up in the rain and there was no shelter nearby? You were absolutely gorgeous, soaking wet, drops of water rolling down your face and all I wanted to do was to get you to a closed space and eat you up."

"Dick-" you felt your face heating up, oh you definitely remembered. That day you noticed the predatory look Dick had in his eyes, the light from a nearby light source allowed you to see his dilated pupils, it sent a pleasant chill down your spine.

Your boyfriend moved one of his hand from your face to engulf yours, he brought it to his lips then pressing small kisses up to your wrists and forearm as he gently pushed you down to lie on the plush mattress, he hovered above you. His lips went up until they reached yours. Dick kissed you thoroughly, deeply, making you forget whatever you were going to say before he pulled just a few inches away, leaving you breathless. A string of saliva still connecting your lips.

"I love you, I'm absolutely addicted to you," he brushed a stubborn lock of hair from your face with his fingers tenderly, one hand still intertwined with yours, his fingers then traced the shape of your face with feathery touches. The contact was soothing but also made you shudder, the intensity in his eyes showed you that he was serious. "You are the only thing I think about when I wake up and before I sleep. Nobody, not even her, had ever made me feel this way. I need you to see that, baby."

"Gosh, Dick! You're so sappy," you chuckled through your tears, "I love you, too, so much."

Dick smooched you one more time before lying down by your side, he gathered you into his arms and slung his leg over your hip, locking you in his embrace. "I know this topic bothers you but I need you to be more open with me, I'm not going to judge. I'm here for you. Don't keep it in, next time. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

::

Mmmm- I love me sum cheese!♥

I hope you like it! Sorry if this was waaaaayy to corny.

NEXT!!! *dumps cold water onto fuming brain*