baby talk || Batboys

Requested by: AllieBehnke

Notes: yikes, been a long time, eh? I'm not sure if I can still write honestly... it's a short one though, probably a drabble just to get myself into writing again slowly.

I hope you enjoy! :)

Warning(s): none.

::

Being pregnant could be really troublesome.

Sore feet, aching back, morning sickness, the food you usually liked tasted like crap all of a sudden, uncomfortable positions when sleeping, how hard it was to get back up, and many more.

Including handling your overprotective boys and husband.

This pregnant lady needs her space Christ's sake.

Especially now, when the boys huddling around you. Your stomach was now pretty much visible even through your loose shirt-- it was Bruce's stolen shirt from when you were still dating, really.

"Boys," you grunted, sweat rolling down your face and neck, the back of the shirt you were wearing was now damp with sweat and the now wet fabric is probably dirtying the couch you were sitting on too. The hot weather didn't help either.

Dick was rubbing his cheek on your stomach which also didn't help with the heat; Jason was behind you, leaning over your shoulder while he argued with Damian who was sitting on the floor, right by your right leg; Tim was much calmer, but his body was also radiating unnecessary heat by your side.

You were sure you stink like your husband after he finished his workout. Though, for some unexplainable reason, Bruce never smell that bad.

"Boys," it was said more sternly and a little louder, you were tired, nobody could blame you for that.

This time, they finally stopped what they were doing.

Thank god.

"You're taking all of my oxygen," a hand was waved in front of your face, trying to get the lost air back to your lungs.

They were taking in your messy, sweaty appearance, wincing visibly before backing away from you, now standing in an appropriate distance.

"Thank you," you said sincerely, still fanning your face with your hand.

"Sorry," they looked like a scolded puppy and you couldn't help but chuckle softly at their adorable faces. Gosh, sometimes you forgot that two of them were already grown-ups when they make faces like that.

"It's alright," you tried to soothe, waving your other, free, hand with a smile. "Would you like to talk to the baby?"

You were expecting the eldest to step in first, but they were giving the youngest a knowing look causing the poor boy to blush faintly before clicking his tongue, crossing his arms.

"What?" Said Damian, his dark eyebrows furrowed in false distaste.

"Well," it was Tim, raising his own eyebrow while still eyeing the younger boy. "We all know you want to... go ahead."

Still pouting and blushing, Damian stepped forward, kneeling before you and placed his hands on your bump. His face was visibly softening as he placed his ear on your stomach, his lips were moving but you couldn't make out what he was mumbling about.

"What did you tell the baby?" You inquired, running your fingers through his dark hair.

In return, Damian glanced at you with his emerald eyes, cheeks turned even redder as he mumbled again.

"Hm?"

"I said;" he lowered his voice, "to hurry and come out so I can see them," he quickly stood up and speed-walked towards the kitchen 'to get something to eat' he had said.

Damian did try to be discreet about it but there was no way you didn't feel a faint pair of lips brushing against your belly. It was adorable.

Shaking your head, you watched as Dick sat by you, placing his hand on your stomach with the gentlest smile you had never seen stretching his face before.

"Oh, the baby kicked!" Said Dick excitedly, eyes brightening as he nudged back with a soft laugh. "Yeah, we're excited to see you too, little person."

Then he stood to give Tim a turn, he was holding a pair of headphones in his hand and he placed it on your belly. He looked at you when you shot him a questioning glance.

"I heard classical music is good for the baby," he explained as he fiddled with a device in his hand, "the volume is lower than 70 decibels, so don't worry. I gotta go and do my homework," he huffed, placing a kiss on your cheek and the bump before leaving. "I'll see you both later!"

Jason was eyeing your stomach, maybe a little warily now that his brothers were gone. You patted the empty spot by your side and he complied, sitting beside you with a restless expression.

"What's wrong?"

Jason shrugged, "nothing important."

You kept on eyeing him skeptically.

"I'm just...worried that this city won't be safe enough for the baby," he sighed out, gently massaging your stomach with his hand. "You know, with the craziness in this city--"

You cut him off with your laugh, covering your face with a hand while Jason snapped his head towards you, eyebrows furrowing, his full lips curled.

"This is serious," he protested.

"Sorry," you breathed, "sorry, I know. But you sounded like Bruce."

His eyebrows furrowed further.

"Seriously, you just voiced his worries, he even suggested for us to move out of the city," you took his hand that rested on your stomach, giving it a gentle squeeze. "You and he are worried that this kid has to continue your jobs, right?"

He was silent, you just hit a nerve it seemed. After a few seconds of silence, he nodded his head.

"You can't erase evilness completely. It is up to the kid if he or she wants to be a vigilante like you or live a normal life. So, until then, it's up to all of you to protect him or her, yeah?"

Once again, he gave you a nod. At this moment, he looked just like Bruce when you told him the same thing the night before. It was kind of amusing that these boys, three of them at least, weren't Bruce's biological kids because they could resemble him sometimes.

Jason left not too long after he read the baby one of his favorite stories. He definitely would be a good father, you really could not wait.

Hell, all of them would be amazing fathers.

::

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted>< I can't really think of something fluffy, and sorry that Bruce was just mentioned!!

I hope you like it anyways!
And guys, I'm not opening requests yet ><) I'm just doing old requests! I can't write daily like I used to...

Yikes... I feel that my writing quality has gone down. Augh!