Little things | Damian W

He's an asshole to everyone but you, Alfred, his pets and Batmom, Bruce from time to time. Sometimes he can be super nice to his brothers too. Sometimes.

Lots of kisses.

Established relationship, both are adults in this.

**
Damian was a good looking guy but known to be an arrogant little shit, always so above himself and cold.

That was how other people would say about him but you had a different view of him. Sure, he could be such a dickhead from time to time, he would say what he thought without a filter but that didn't mean he was a bad guy.

His childhood upbringing didn't help his case, yet you still fell for him and saw through his tough guy personality. Now living together with him, happy with a stable job.

"Love," he called for you as he closed the door to your shared house, a bouquet of flowers in his arm and a box what you presumed to be pastries in his hand.

He was always like this, bringing something for you after his work no matter how exhausted he felt. Damian wasn't a big fan of PDA but he loved showing how much he loved and cared for you through little things.

He would bring new bouquet of flowers when he saw the one he got you before starting to wilt, when you told him you felt like having some sweets he'd make sure to get some the next day.

"How was your day?" You asked as you gave him a peck on the lips, taking the things from his hands so he could take off his shoes.

"Mediocre," he answered shortly, watching you walk towards the kitchen, replacing the old flowers in the vase after putting the box of pastries on the counter.

He had missed you and looked forward to see you, especially that he took a night off from protecting the goddamned city.

Damian walked towards where you were standing by the dining table, plating the pastries with a soft smile on your face.

"The flowers are pretty," you lightly tapped a rose petal with your finger.

"Not as pretty as you," he was pressing against your back, breathing in the scent of your freshly shampooed hair. "I love you."

You felt yourself starting to blush, he never stopped showering you with compliments, even when you thought you looked like a mess.

"I love you too," you turned your head towards him, he was giving you one of his rare smiles. God, fuck, why was he so handsome. Damn.

"You are staring."

"I am," you admitted, "Mrs. Wayne called earlier by the way."

"Ummi? Why?"

"It's been a while since we visited the manor, she said she wanted to see us."

Damian scoffed, "we saw her last week."

You cocked an eyebrow at him, knowing very well he had a very soft spot in his heart for his dear mother, even though they weren't blood related, she took care if him and the others very well. In return the kids would make sure they were there for her whenever she needed them.

"I know you want to see her anyways," you quipped, a hand reaching for a fork before taking a bite of the treat Damian brought you. "Plus, don't you miss Titus? Batcow?"

He did, he always missed his family too even though he never told a single soul. Not even you.

"Let's visit her tomorrow, I'll take a time off."

His fingers gripped your chin lightly, turning your face towards his so he could lick the stray cream off the corner of your mouth. You laugh as he moved to kiss you through it.

When he kissed you it was always all smiles, he might look rough around the edges but he gave the softest, safest, warmest hugs. He had the best smile whether he knew it or not.

With Damian Wayne it was the little things that mattered.