santa || Tim Drake

Note: here you go, a little (early) Christmas present from me to you :)

::

"I don't think I can do this," Tim argued as he begrudgingly put on the Santa costume while you stuffed two pillows into the red jacket before zipping it up.

"Oh! come on, Honey, suck it up," you encouraged, helping him with the belt since he couldn't do it on his own because of his now round stomach as he fixed the fluffy beard on his face.

It was Christmas, you and your husband, Tim, wanted to surprise the kids. You knew how in love they were with Santa and how much they wanted to meet him. You did just that, getting Tim ready as Santa Claus for the first time in his life after bribing him in the only way you knew how whilst telling him how happy your kids would be until he gave up.

"I don't know," your husband sighed.

"I thought we are through this," you pouted, putting a hand on your hip as you sent him a glare. "It's alright, they'll be happy, plus! They're just kids."

"But you didn't tell me that we're doing it at a kindergarten!" He whisper-yelled, pointing a gloved finger at the pastel-colored wall that separated the empty room you used with the kids' class. "There are a lot of kids in there."

"Seven," you corrected him, arranging the differently wrapped boxes into the bag and tied it up so the presents wouldn't spill. "There are only seven kids in that room, Tim, our kids included."

Okay, you did pull a jerk move, changed the location and the guests for the surprise without telling him first. You were in a hurry, besides, you didn't know that your kids had a Christmas celebration in their kindergarten. Another reason was, the children inside the classroom couldn't celebrate Christmas because of their busy parents.

You made your way closer to him, your arms went around his neck as you pressed your body against his fluffier one, it felt funny because you couldn't feel his body heat due to all of these pillows and the weird feeling of his bouncy stomach.

"Please, Tim, I just want the kids to have a good memory of Christmas," You gave him your best puppy dog eyes, you even purposely made your eyes a little teary to get a positive response from him. He was too soft with you, not only that, the mention of the neglected children was also affecting him.

"Okay," he gave up with a sigh earning a squeal of happiness from you.

You lowered the fake beard before kissing his face gleefully, showing your gratefulness. You could just ask Dick for this role but you realized that it wouldn't be the same if it wasn't Tim. You were also doing this for the children and father bonding, Tim was always drowned in his work and had less time with his kids, that was why you also took this as an opportunity for it.

Tim chuckled at your giddiness, he loved this about you, you were such a mood lifter. Even when you were almost in your 30s, you still acted like you were in your early 20s.

Your husband slung the bag over his shoulder as you fixed the beard. "How does Santa laughs again?"

You tapped your chin before clearing your throat, "it's Ho Ho Ho!" You mimicked the laugh with the deepest voice you could muster.

Tim softly snorted at your attempt then he tried it himself, since he was a man, his voice could definitely go deeper than yours. When he thought it wasn't enough, he tried again and again and again. He wanted it to be perfect, or at least believable.

"Go a little older," you suggested after another failed attempt.

"A little older?"

You nodded, "you know, perhaps a little shakier? Like an old man's voice. Santa is old after all."