nightmare || Damian Wayne

Requested by: chan_ie

Note: if I do this tomorrow, I'm not sure if I can finish it sooo, here you go! I'm sorry if this turns out short!

Warning(s): nightmare about a dead body, mentions of blood. It's not bad though, but just to be safe :)

::

Your brothers' nightly routine wouldn't stop making you worry. Every night, if your father or Alfred allowed, you would sit in the family room with your knees hugged close to your chest praying for their wellbeing.

The one that made you worry a lot was Damian. God knows how reckless he could be, he always jumps into action even when he knew the risks, nobody could stop him with a mere word. They needed to stop him physically, dragging his ass out and away from the scene.

Sometimes, you'd get nightmares, and tonight was one of those nights.

You jolted awake from your sleep, face wet with both tears and sweat, chest heaving visibly as you breathed from your mouth. The dream was terrible.

There was no story, all you saw was your brother's limp and beaten up body in your father's arms, eyes blank, mouth agape with blood drooling out of it.

A soft sob wrecked your body, you wanted to cry loudly but on the other hand, you didn't want to wake the others. They were already tired and they didn't need you to bother them. Then again, you needed comfort.

Sniffling, you pushed yourself off the supposed-to-be comfort of your bed, walking out of your room towards Damian's since he was the closest. You didn't bother on knocking and gently opened the door, closing it again behind you as soon as you stepped in. Damian was sleeping peacefully, a band-aid was placed across the bridge of his nose to cover a small cut.

You really didn't have the heart to wake him up, so you settled on sneaking into the other side of his bed, covering yourself with the warm blanket as you laid on your side, facing him.

Minutes passed, you tried to lull yourself to sleep but the image of your dying brother kept on replaying in your head causing you to choke on another sob.

Unfortunately, the sound woke Damian up.

His sleepy emerald eyes slowly fluttering open, blinking a few times to focus as his brows furrowed ever so slightly. "What are you doing?" His question came out a little harsh than he had intended.

You bit your lip, preventing another noise to slip, "nothing," you gently shook your head.

The frown on his face became more visible upon hearing your answer. "Right," he scoffed, obviously not believing you, he wasn't stupid and you knew that.

Silence filled the room save for the soft whimper from you. Being a good brother that he was, he hesitantly moved closer, looping his arms awkwardly around your smaller body. Everybody knew that he wasn't good with this kind of thing, that including you. So, it was normal for you to be surprised by the gesture, you didn't mind and returned the gesture instead. Crying into his chest, dampening his shirt.

"Stop crying, will you? I need some sleep," he grumbled. It was halfheartedly but you were too upset to notice it.

"Sorry," you mumbled against his now damp shirt, shoulders shaking as you now silently crying.

He sighed, "if I let you sleep here, will you stop crying then?"

With teary eyes, you looked up at him, lips were still quivering. You didn't answer but from the pleading look you gave him, that one pleading look you would shot him when you wanted something from him so badly, he knew what the answer would be.

Another sigh from him and he tightened his hold around you, "sleep, I'll be with you," he paused, emerald hues glancing at your teary face, "just for tonight and don't tell anybody, especially Todd."

The sob turned into soft giggles before you responded softly, voice barely above a whisper, "of course. Thank you, Damian."

::

I'm sorry if this is short ><
I hope this is what you wanted!

Now I will rest and, HOPEFULLY, work on another one-shot after! ;;

Wow, man, I say hope a lot xD