°•~10~•°

•[Hi Doc]•

Y/N was getting tired of all the walking up and down around the huge ass hotel.

She only came here for one thing and that's to talk to Holly. Now she's working for the place under a fake name?

"Ugh when will it end?" She groans. Jacob laughed.

"Tough day?"

"My feet are killing me. Next time I'm wearing flats."

He grins, leaning up from his cart. He motioned with his head for her to follow him and she did.

"Leave the cart, just follow."

Y/N followed, being alert and careful with his every action. Scared of Omen but cool and collected when he sees a pretty face?

She suddenly don't trust him.

"Where are we going?"

"Taking a five minute break. All the cool cats do it."

"The only cat I saw when I got here was you."

He chuckles, stopping at a door. He used his key card, a card she also has to access every room there is. Knock first and then enter when there's no answer.

He motioned for her to step on the other side and she did. Her heart is racing, but she won't let him know that he's got her shaken up.

She knows she reacts on impulse, it's just that once he doesn't try anything they'll both be fine.

Jacob closed the door, making her face him. She gulps, watching as he dug into his pocket.

Seconds later he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Y/N was sure she heard herself exhale sharply.

"Take a seat on the bed, rest your legs." He says as he took out one to smoke.

"Is this allowed?"

"Only if it's my room."

"Oh? This is your room huh? Is that allowed?"

"Riding three hours from home just to get to work became a hassle so I took it up with management and yeah, this is like my luxury apartment now." He explains with a shrug.

"Awesome."

He shrugs, blowing out a puff of smoke. "Eh, it's got it's cons. What about you though? Why are you at this fine place?"

"Getting away." She shrugs.

"From your husband?" He took another puff, locking eyes with her.

She laughs, not expecting to hear that from him. "Sorta."

He nods. "Have kids?"

"You sure do ask a lot of questions."

"I have a curious mind for thirty-three."

Her mouth hung partly agape. "Thirty three? I thought you were like...no older than twenty five."

He laughs. "I get that a lot. I think it's genetics."

"Damn, good genetics then."

"Eh, I learn to live with it. And I'm only asking because you know, I work with you now so, might as well get to know you a bit."

"I guess. But I don't like questions that much."

He arched a brow, taking a long drag of his cigarette. "Can I ask one more then?"

"Depends."

Jacob outted the cigarette in his hand and tossed the bud into the trashcan that's close to the door.