°•~26~•°

•[I Promise You]•

"She's a very strong one." Arthur states with a grin.

Tao glanced at Jacob who's on his knees. He got a call from the man after he woke up and they had him drive himself all the way out to them instead of them going to him.

Malike and the others stared at him. To be honest, they're scared for the man.

"She really did a number on him." Teil says, examining his bruises and cuts. His nose is fractured, his jaw is swollen, he's got a bump on his forehead due to her headbutting him. His wrist bone is broken and his shin is broken as well.

Tao cleared his throat. "Tell me again as to what happened."

Jacob exhaled. He's in pain and he's already told them his version of events. He just wants to go to a hospital.

"I went to her room and she was there. I called her by her name and she pointed it out, realizing she gave me a different name the first time she came there. Then we began fighting. I was only doing so out of self defense."

"Self defense." He repeats. He opened his desk drawer and took out a revolver. He took the safety off and stood to his feet.

"You only did so...out of self defense." Tao walked around his desk and over to Jacob. All brothers just sat on the couches and watched.

Well Teil was the only one that didn't want to. Jacob may be apart of Omen but Tao don't care about whose faith he's deciding. Brother or not.

"I just want to go to a hospital." Jacobs sobs out.

Tao knelt down to his level and lofted his chin up with the barrel of the gun.

"If it were me in your shoes, having a woman defile me in such a way...I'd kill myself. Do you want to know why? It's because, if a woman can do this, imagine a man, right?" Tao stood back to his feet and aimed at Jacob.

"I thought you were strong. You proved me wrong this morning. And you know what happens to weaklings."

"Please don't kill me. I tried to kill her. I did. I stabbed her but she-

Bang!

The sound bounced off the walls and into everyone's ears. The smell of gunpowder and smoke filled Tao's nose as he inhaled sharply.

"Weak links get cut... brother."

Zeke, Malike, Arthur and Teil gave the same reaction. A still silence. "Zeke, Teil...get him out of my fucking office. And have Andrew take him to get crushed." Tao set his revolver down and grabbed a cigar from the box that's on his desk. He bit the bottom and grabbed a lighter, lighting his cigar.

Zeke and Teil got up from their seats and dealt with Jacob's body. Zeke got his feet and Teil his arms.

When they left the room Tao exhaled smoke.

"What are your thoughts about her now?" Arthur asks. Tao gazed at the blood on the floor and pressed the button under his desk to get the maid.

"She didn't kill him. I want to know why."

Malike arched a brow. "Is it bad that she didn't kill him?"

"Maybe she wanted him to suffer." Arthur shrugs.

"She killed cops and that Terushima kid. Yet she didn't kill him? Why?" Tao asks once more. A minute later Teil and Zeke came back. They took their seat on the left side of the room on the black leather couch.

Arthur and Malike are on the other side.

"Could be that she didn't want to." Arthur adds. Tao hummed and outted the cigar. "Arthur...I want you to watch her. Study her every move and don't miss a beat. I don't want her to know either." He orders.