°•~09~•°

•[True Worker]•

T/W: F slur (just mentioned)

Kita cleared his throat and glanced at Sam who's on his phone. He wants to know why he's calling Suna by his name instead of dad.

Kita took a left, going the opposite direction of Sam's school. Sam didn't notice this.

"Feel like skipping school today?" Kita asks, finally breaking the silence. Sam glanced up, looking at the man.

"Really?"

"Eh, why not? We could get a burger at burger house or-

"We always go to burger house. There's a taco joint that's an hour from my school and they have the best tacos ever." He says getting excited.

Kita grins. "Alright, lead me to this taco joint then."

Sam laughs. "Why'd you say it like that?"

"Like what?"

"Joint." He mocks.

"Oh whatever."

They shared a laugh and continued on his way as Sam gave him the directions. An hour and a half later they made it.

It was a bit vacant. Kita spotted three picnic tables and then a van with a big taco sign on top.

"Sweet!" Sam unbuckled the seatbelt and got out of the car. Kita parked, getting out after. Sam's already at the window ordering his food.

Kita stood next to him, his eyes gazing at the person serving. A girl. Long orange hair and freckles just like him.

"Is that all cheesecake?" She asks him.

"Ugh, don't call me that. And yeah."

Her eyes landed on Kita and he gave her a small wave.

She whistled lowly. "Morning sir, can I get you anything?"

"Um-

"Right, Andy, this is my dad."

She grins. "More like daddy."

Kita cleared his throat, pocketing his hands. It feels foreign to have a female hit on him. He forgot what that was like.

"Oh geez, keep your hormones at bay, this is my dad you know."

"I see fine, I say fine." Kita didn't know how to feel. "What you getting dad?"

"A-anything he's getting."

"Sure. It'll be ready in five."

Kita nodded and followed Sam to a bench closest to the truck. Kita noticed his excited expression and decided to weigh it out.

"You seem excited."

"That's because you're allowing me to skip school."

"Right. Well don't get to used to it, this is only a one time thing."

"Ugh, party pooper."

Kita rest his arms onto the bench and spoke first.

"So...how's school?"

He shrugs. "It's whatever. Still want to go to a public school though."

"Why? Private schools are way better."

"If you think so."

Kita shook his head. "Telling by your grades I know so."

A whistle sliced through the silence, making both of them look at Andy.