°•~76~•°

•[The Upstairs]•

The night was oddly still. The cool breeze brushed past every civilian there was. After the broadcast people went back to what they were doing, except for the police. They too thought Kuroo dead, some thought it was just a joke, a prank or haunting if you will.

But it was truly Kuroo, alive and sort of well. Omen was guns ready, Andy and Sam were lost at what to do. Andy only ever followed instructions from Y/N and she's been taken away. They didn't leave Kita considering the fact that he's Sam's dad.

So they carried him and walked a long way with him to the house. Suna wasn't there either. Everyone is against Y/N now, everyone has sided with Kenma. And all they're waiting for is a single yes from Kenma. No one else needs to die tonight. He'll leave it to the police, have his crew round up Omen, to trap them all.

Kenma took a seat on the couch and sighed. He brushed his hair back, his eyes gazing at Y/N who is ziptied to the wrist and ankles. He knew if he had put her in cuffs she would've gotten out without any problems. He needs to play it smart when it comes to her. Especially now that Atsumu is dead.

Kenma forced back stressful tears. He's stressed, tired, confused. Kuroo had Kinney. Kuroo is alive. He fought with Kuroo, he's been in close proximity with Kuroo without realizing it. He sat there for a long time, thinking. He thought of everything, even Eimi and what she did to him. Kinney knowing, Yuri siding against them, pushing Y/N away.

Kenma looked up at her and tilted his head. Pushing Y/N away. Things were never this way. He blames himself for all of it. Things would've been better if he hadn't killed Solo, or Angel...or Kuroo. At the time at least. Kenma got a call. He took the buzzing device from his pants pocket and looked at the flashing screen. It's Osamu.

Kenma stared, not really wanting to answer. He promised him that Atsumu wouldn't get hurt, but instead Atsumu died because of him. A bullet straight to the head. His wife, his kids, his brother, he lost them all in just a split second.

"I never hated you." It's what he said to Y/N. Kenma answered and closed his eyes as the phone pressed against his ear.

"He's dead." The breathy statement made Kenma know that Osamu had broken out of his shock. The shock of seeing his brother catch a bullet to the head. He's finally able to grasp the reality of all that just happened. "H-Atsumu he-...he's dead," Osamu repeats in the same defeated tone. "My brother..." a sob. "My brother is gone."

"I'm sorry...Osamu. I didn't know that was going to happen. I-"

"Shut up!" He screams. Kenma did. Osamu was not much of a talker. Atsumu the more joyous and outgoing twin. Osamu just followed him around in silence and would tease him in private. Sometimes in public, but it was always a rarity to see the introverted being be outgoing.

"You don't get to talk! You said he won't get hurt! You fucking promised!"

Finally a tear. Kenma felt hallow inside. Everything was too overwhelming for him. "I'm sorry." He quakes. "I'm sorry Osamu. I'm so sorry, but please don't do anything crazy I'll get justice for-

"Your son is still alive, Kozume. My brother is dead. Fuck your plan."

"Osamu you're not like Atsumu you of all people should know this. You have a kid of your own!" Kenma quickly states. There was a heavy exhale. "You have a kid too, Osamu. Leave it to me. Between you and Y/N, I don't know who's worse when it comes to being a leader." He hung up.

Kenma stood to his feet and stormed out of the building. It's an abandoned mansion he found a year ago. He was thinking about contacting the owners and asking them to buy the property but he found zero information on it and just kept his eye out in case he had seen someone going to or from the place. He kind of forgot about it until tonight.