Chapter 54 - Right into Place

Quick question...

Judging by my writing and stuff, how old do you think I am. (Don't let the rating of this fanfic sway your answer)

I won't be offended by any answer on my his question I promise.

If you know the real answer to this question then please don't answer because I don't want my age out there for reasons other than bad Internet people but just because I've always been judged by how much older or younger I was than someone so I'm choosing not going to put it out there.

Anyways... Enjoy chapter 54 everyone!

Chapter 54 - Right into Place

Tobias

That whole night I didn't sleep. It wasn't because of the hot July almost August heat either.

I just laid there and looked at the ceiling while Indiana snored away.

Even when I did close my eyes, a vision the files, her files, that now sat on my kitchen table would haunt my brain.

Even though they weren't the exact copies of them, the way the paper was with the red 'x' in the top right corner of each page just made me terrified for her.

I'm so terrified of so many things right now:

Terrified that she will bleed out.

Terrified that her injuries will get badly infected.

Terrified that she will never be okay.

Terrified that she thinks hope is lost.

Terrified that she thinks I don't care.

Terrified that she won't make it.

I'm terrified that she'll give up her fight to make it.

*   *   *

"I'm calling a meeting this morning for leaders only." Josh says. "We've got to show all of them the files we have and figure out what everyone wants to do. I'm thinking first we need to get current and former fence guarders and maybe just anyone who wants to help just so we get a number on possibly how many people we will have to work with for a rescue. Then we'd need to get help from people with the Control Room to get cameras, radios and any other stuff we may need for the rescue as well. We'll have to get Erudite to help us with a ton of things... Sorry, I'm just rambling to you; I--"

"Don't worry about it." I cut him off. "I like knowing what your thinking about what should happen, and I agree with you. Let's just talk it out with the rest of the leaders... They may also have some ideas or changes to the ideas."

"Yeah, exactly. I'm going to make the meeting in fifteen minutes at nine fifteen. Everyone is already in office right now or at least should be so it shouldn't take any longer to get everyone together."

I just nod wondering if I should tell him what's been bugging me most about this situation:

Leaders aren't suppose to be the ones to go away on trips like this. But there's no way I'm not going, and I think he knows that, but then I think he doesn't.

Josh pulls out his phone and turns on the loudspeaker that goes throughout the Main Building and Control Room. I remember hooking that up with the Control Room people back when the Main Building was added and I was still working in the Control Room. We synced it to currently Josh's phone but we could easily add, take away or change that if needed.

"We need all leaders and any available people in the Control Room in the Meeting Room for a last minute meeting at nine fifteen. I repeat; all leaders and if possible Control Room people in the Meeting Room at nine fifteen." Josh's voice echos through his small office and I'm sure every other office and room in this building.

"There we go. I'm going to head over there to get things together."

I take a deep breath.

"You do know I'm going, for the rescue, right?" I can't make eye contact, but I can feel him looking at me.

He is quiet and I look up in curiosity. Then he just nods and walks out the door.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

*   *   *

"We need to get as many people as we can to go in for this rescue. We should take volunteers from general areas first just to get an estimated number. I got in touch with Erudite yesterday and they are currently working on finding a location for this building. They also emailed me some of these so called 'files' that were found on a computer inside the building. They sent us thirty of them, but they said that that was only around half of them. The files are printed and in the middle of the table. Feel free to take a look at them." Josh announces while standing at the head of the room.

"These files are a pretty big deal for how much information they have on these people. They know way too much more than they should about the average person. They've all been abused of their privacy or any little secrets they had and it's truly upsetting. We need to get them out soon. These are only some of the files. There is more files than this and Erudite has assumed that not everyone in that building has files on them done yet. I'm hoping to plan another meeting with Erudite either here or there next week once they have a location."

"Control Room people." Josh announces turning toward their group of people over to the opposite side of the table as me. "Is there any way we could get radios and maybe cameras to communicate during any rescue plan?"

"Yeah, sure." Bud says clearly interested. "We could get you as many as you need. Just give us a number and a little time." He chuckles.

Then Josh turns to me. "We would need some weapons and self defense things from the training rooms as well. Could you get together with Zeke sometime and get that situation all together?" He asks.

"I think we can manage." I nod.

Zeke took over training the Dauntless Born initiates from Lauren a year ago when she got bored of it. Zeke gladly took the position.

"That's a good start then. Now all we need is to get together with the Erudite and get a location and ask them for vehicles and more technology we may not have but will possibly come in handy. We also need people to go. Now it leads to the overall question: Any volunteers at the moment, raise your hand now."

I raise my hand, and probably six or seven other people do as well.

Bud, my old boss at the Control Room has his hand up.

Although he is an Ambassador, Amar is somehow here and he has his hand up as well.

There is a few more people with their hands up as well that I recognize but I don't know their names.

"That's a good number for now. We'll get more meetings with other areas and hopefully get some more people. Thanks for all making it here in such short notice." Josh says and people start to leave.

I feel myself smile.

I finally feel hope that this rescue just may be falling right into place.

A/N-

Hi humans!

Sorry this chap is so short and so overdue.

Life is hard right now.

I'll try to get another chap out since I have a 4 day weekend, but I'm busy so I can't promise anything.

I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up my readers.

Anyways,

23.6k reads! <4

Thanks for reading!

Vote

and

Comment

and

Be Brave because I <4 you all so so much