Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?

Attached pic has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the chap but hey it's hilarious amiright?!?! Haha 😂

Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?

Zeke

"The medicine hasn't given any bad side affects so that's really good." Isaac, Shauna's doctor exclaims. "But it also hasn't made any progress yet so that's a downside... But we'll be keeping you on it for a while and hopefully it will start to work over time."

"Okay. Thanks man." I say shaking Isaac's hand. "I will come in and check in again with you same time tomorrow Shauna, okay?"

"Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere so that'll work." She jokes. Then he smiles and nods then turns and leaves the room, probably having to go tend to other patients.

"We leave really early tomorrow morning." I say sitting down in the seat next to her bed. "I won't be able to stop in before I go."

She sadly nods, "Just promise me you'll be careful, please. And try to get the rest of them out safely too. Maybe whip David's ass while you're there as well?" She says cracking a smile at the end.

"I'll try and I hope with the first two, and I'd love to do the third." I chuckle leaning in and giving her a peck on the lips.

The loudspeaker begins to speak. "Attention all visitors in the Infirmary. Please note that visiting hours are now over. They will begin again tomorrow at eight o'clock. Have a good night."

"Just please be careful and don't get hurt. And find the rest of them. I love you so so much." Shauna rushes to get in and I press my lips to hers, tears threaten to fall out of my eyes but I don't let them. I feel her tears on my cheeks from our faces being so close.

I pull away even though it feels way too soon. "Don't worry. I'll stay safe. The rest of them will be too. Chris told me earlier she'd keep you posted so keep you're phone on. I love you." I pull back and hold her face in my hands, wiping her falling tears with my thumbs. Then I lean in and press my lips right between her eyebrows.

"Now you do me a favor and don't go running around the compound if that medicine starts working while I'm gone, okay?" I laugh.

"I promise."

"Love you. I'll see you when I get back."

"Love you too. Be careful!"

I walk down the hallways to the doors of the Infirmary, wanting, waiting, hoping for the day that she can follow me, walking on her own legs.

Tobias

"Come on Indy! I've gotta take you to my mother's apartment. I can't have you here home alone tearing the place up while I'm gone."

He eventually sits still and I clip his leash on. I already have all of his stuff rolled up in his big dog bed like his food bowls, some toys, his food, some treats and of course his leash that is on him.

We get out the door and walk down the hall to mom's house. I've been training Indy to walk next to me when we go around the compound so eventually I may not really need a leash on him because he's a smart dog, but he's not ready just yet. Sometimes he still gets excited and pulls me in a different direction or wanders off while on the leash forgetting he's on it, then he gets jerked by me.

We get to her apartment and I knock on the door. She answers within seconds.

"Hey mom." I say letting go of Indy and going into her apartment. Of course Indy barrels in and runs around probably looking for Holly, the cat.