Chapter 59 - I'm Done

So... New cover guys! (See attached pic) Is it a big yes, a yeah no, or a eh... I'm probably going to change it up a little over time still until I'm happy, so give me some constructive criticism on it for another cover! Thanks and enjoy chap 59 everyone! 😊

Chapter 59 - I'm Done

Tris

I sit up groaning as the dim lights shutter to life.

My leg is all cramped up, just a like every morning.

I make an attempt to move it to get the cramp to subside, but it just makes it worse. I give up with that and lay back down, staring at the stone celling.

I wonder what room is above me?

Is it that room he took me to before where a dozen men beat and abused me?

Is it that room where I was taken to get those painful, dreadful files done?

No, that one was below me...at least I think it was below me...

The question I've been wondering for who knows how long pops back up in my head:

How big is this place?

Like seriously, I've been down so many hallways and in so many rooms that can't even remember no matter how hard I try to.

I wonder if that's where he has my family; in one of those rooms.

They can't be dead.

He must be taunting me with that. Holding the information over my head; making me have to jump to get it although I know I cannot reach it.

I just hope that Cara hasn't had the baby.

It's too young still if she has had it.

The baby probably wouldn't make it, either from being premature or having David get to her.

I hope David hasn't hurt my mother again.

I hope Caleb and my father are okay. David never seemed to care too much about hurting them, but he has threatened them before, and he also changes in the blink of an eye.

I just hope they're all safe.

Well, as safe as you can get inside this place.

The door to my right creaks open. David walks in carrying a tray of who knows what.

It's unusual that he didn't slam the door open like he usually does.

Maybe he just didn't want to drop the stuff on the tray.

Maybe he was hoping I wasn't awake so he could sneak in and do whatever he desired and then move on with his life.

David comes up to my cell and sets down the tray of stuff he has on the ground. He fiddles with the keys for a moment, then unlocks my cell.

"Morning there, Beatrice." he says bending down and picking up his tray. I cannot make out what is on it, but I'm assuming that whatever it is, it can't be good for me.

He pulls out handcuffs from his pocket and attaches the one end to my left ankle and the other end to the bar like he's done before.

Then he pulls out another pair of handcuffs. He attaches one end to my right wrist, and the other to the bars between my and Cara's cell.

What is he planning on doing?

I want to ask him questions, but I'd rather save my breath and not risk getting beaten, well, more than it looks like he plans on right now.