Chapter 60 - Stupidity

A/N- I'm going away tomorrow so I'm posting this early! ⭐️⭐️PLEASE go check out my new fanfic The Life of Natalie Prior. ⭐️⭐️Enjoy chap 60 everyone!!

Chapter 60 - Stupidity

Christina

An announcement comes over the loudspeaker as I am heading to the Tattoo Parlor to start off today at work.

The announcement was about a meeting in the Pit in fourty five minutes for everyone available. I'm assuming that it has something to do with that building rescue. I sure hope it is.

'Okay. That gives me enough time to set up for today, but not actually open shop. I can do that when I get back.' I think to myself.

I finally get to the tattoo parlor and use the key I was given by Bec to unlock the door. I don't turn the open light on because I'm not going to bother opening for just barely a half hour considering that the meeting is probably near the Main Building on that side of the Pit and the fact that I would like to be a few minutes early.

I use the time to sweep the floors, clean and organize the needles and ink, while down the chairs, clean the examples of tattoos that hang on the walls and put various things back in their places.

I glance up at the clock that is across the room and realize that I am late. The meeting starts in three minutes! Quickly I set down the papers I was sorting and grab my purse off of the one table. Then I burst out the door and lock it with the key behind me.

The tattoo parlor is set a ways back from the Pit. It goes down this hallway that is extremely uneven and has many potholes and cracks in the cement flooring along with a set of eight stairs going up. I weave and navigate my way the best I can around the dents, gaping holes and cracks in the path.

It's not the best place to be sprinting; yet alone running or jogging through.

I plan to somewhat almost leap over the one bigger crack that is pretty wide but not too deep. It is right in front of the stairs. It's still quite far in front of me yet, but I guess it's better to be prepared.

I hear something drop behind me. Without thinking, I turn my head to see what it was but continue running.

I yelp as I fall to the ground; falling on my forearm as pain shoots through it vigorously. I hit my right forearm on the edge of the crack.

I see a shiny piece of metal a few feet behind me.

My phone.

It was my phone that dropped.

It must have slipped out of my purse.

Why was I so stupid to not zip the side pocket when I last put it in there?! I always do!

"Really?!" I groan out loud annoyed but quickly shush myself in embarrassment for if anyone is around. Luckily, no one is.

I sit up groaning from the pain in my arm.

I know I have to go to the Infirmary.

'So much for that meeting now.' I think to myself in my head.

I make my way painfully to the Infirmary. At least I didn't hurt my ankle or leg; then the trip here would've been much, much more difficult and more painful.

I sit in the Infirmary in pain for who knows how long. All of the doctors seem pretty busy, but a nurse stopped and gave me ice to help for the moment.

Personally, I feel like it is only making it hurt more, but I keep it in anyway.

I remember once when my sister and I were outside playing and I had tripped and got a big bruise on my shin. I hated putting ice on it, but my mother insisted that it would help. Even though it hurt, it was somehow helping.

I learnt once I was older that I guess it helps with bruising and swelling, but I don't really know, I'm not Erudite.

"Christina?" A doctor or nurse calls my name.

"Yes, here." I say standing and grabbing my purse with my uninjured left hand.

The woman has me sit in a chair considering that I can't easily get up on the table with one hand.

I tell her all about the running late, turning my head stupidly then falling and banging my arm.

"I'd like to have you go down the hall for an X-Ray to see if you have any broken bones, then after that we can find a way to help fix the problem. Okay?" She asks.

I nod my head.

"I will have a nurse show you the way to the X-Ray room."

"Okay. Thank you." I say.

"Stay right where you are and I will have a nurse stop in and then help you." She says.

I nod my head and shift the ice that still is on my arm. It is basically just a bag of really cold water now.

I sit there for a good five or ten minutes before someone comes and tells me to follow them.

"Sorry for the waiting." The male nurse says. "Most of our staff was required to go to that whole faction meeting this morning. Not all of us could leave though for situations like this, but most of us had to, so now we all are suffering a little." He says chuckling at the last part.

"Yeah. I can imagine."

"Here you are. Just wait out here in this chair. You are next in line. The doctor working the X-Ray machine will come out and get you when they are ready." He pats the back of the hard grey chair making a metal tapping with the wedding band around of his finger tapping the metal.

"Okay. Thank you." I say sitting down in the grey chair.

"No problem." He says and walks away.

*   *   *

"Well Christina, it looks like you have a straight on fracture; a broken arm. What we will do is put you in a cast from just below your elbow down for eight weeks and then have you come back and will figure it out from there. Any questions?" Another doctor that I didn't have earlier says.

I shake my head no.

"Okay then. A nurse will be over in a few to wrap you up. Just keep icing it until she comes." He says then walks away clearly having somewhere to go.

It really sucks that they are short staffed today.

I wait for a good twenty minutes in a now comfortable, cushioned chair before a nurse finally makes her way over and wraps my arm in a hard black cast.

"Now try your best to not get it wet or very dirty. Any questions you have at any other time just come on down or call and we can get you an answer. Okay?" The older lady sure asks.

I nod, so ready to leave this place.

"Okay then, dear. Have a good rest of your day!" She says cheerfully.

"Thanks. You too.

I grab my purse again and as I am walking toward the exit to the Infirmary I recognize a familiar person with a familiar brown and black dog walking towards me.

Sure enough, the dog recognizes me too, and he comes running; probably ready to lick my face off.

A/N-

Hi humans!!

I don't really have anything to say...

Anyways...

29.7k reads!!! Let's go for 30k!! 😄

Until next time...

Vote

and

Comment

and

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!