Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good

Tobias

We meet at the Technology Room at six thirty that morning to get ready for the stuff for today.

Right now, 1236 is investigating Caleb and Cara's deaths. They haven't found anything really yet, but this is only their first day on the job like the rest of us.

One question has been haunting me since I heard about their deaths:

Where do we start?

There's so much to do, but so little known that I'm just about clueless.

At least the people that were working with Caleb know what they were doing and can just pick up from where they left off. But I'm in charge of the Dauntless we brought over, and I have no clue what they should do.

But hey. At least I showed up. Greg hasn't made any effort to even wake up and get to the Tech Room. At least I came.

"Good morning." A man who's part of 2836 says greeting all of us.

He has tanned skin, green eyes, and a lighter brown shade of short hair. He's not too short, but not too tall. I can tell that I am already going to like this guy because he isn't looking at us like most Erudite do... He looks at us like actual people that know stuff, and not like we are stupid idiots that just drink a lot and eat cake. He shows us respect.

"Let's not waste time and get started right now. We have plans for the next few days. Right now, 1236 is stuck because there isn't any signs or hints of death or murder anywhere on the scene. We need some people to check cameras, but from what they said, it looks like most of the cameras have either been painted over, or they have been cracked or broken. But still, there is a chance that possibly they missed one, so we need two to four people on that. The remains of the people we need working on that building. We have been working on finding things such as cameras, computers, any form of technology that we could hack into and figure out what this place is and or what it contains. Could we get three Dauntless volunteers on the cameras for 1236?" The man continues and asks.

I'd perfer to work on the building outside the fence, but if I have to, I'll volunteer.

Three people raise their hands; Zeke being one of them. That means I'll be on the building. I feel myself smile.

"Okay. We need the three of you over with Tom over there and the rest of you can stay here with me." He says pointing toward a tall, blonde, short haired man over on the other side of the room.

"First off, my name is Andy. I've been here in Erudite for seven years, but I was born in Amity. If it matters to you, I'm Divergent; Erudite and Amity in my blood. I now you all aren't idiots, and I'm not going to treat you like you are. I know it probably sounds stupid, but let's go over names. I believe that it will make us stronger as a group by knowing names." He says.

People go around saying their name, some if they transferred, some mention if their Divergent, some mention their job or jobs, then it's my turn.

"I go by Four. I'm a Dauntless leader, if it matters, I'm Divergent, I transfered to Dauntless five years ago. I started out in the Control Room, then I was made a leader and I have been an initiate trainer for five years as well."

That's all they need to know about me.

It doesn't take long to go through names concidering that there's only seven Dauntless counting myself in the group.

"There's going to be some more Erudite joining the group every now and then. I'll be sure to introduce them as they join. Now let's get started."

He leads us over to computers and explains the plan.