Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom

Tris

I woke with a start when I heard something banging on the bars surrounding my cell. I realize that the lights are on, so it must be morning. I notice it's Derrick who is making the noise on the bars. He has some metal object and is banging on the empty cell next to mine.

"Wake up if you want to shower. It only happens barely ever." He says in an annoyed attitude.

My jaw aches from where David punched me last night, and I feel like I have scratches on my face from where he slapped me multiple times. A shower would really help to wash off some of the blood.

"Who's going first?" He asks impatiently.

"Then I'll chose." Come on, girl, let's go." He says walking in front of my cell grabbing his keys from his belt.

Cautiously exit the cell, wondering if this is a trick and he's going to beat me or something. He puts the cuffs on my hands and holds between the two and walks me like an animal, not a human.

I try to take note of what turns we make. But all the hallways look the same. One left, then a right, that is kind of a stretched out u-shaped turn then a long hallway, and another right until were at our destination.

The bathroom is a very musty small room. Tile walls, tile on the floor but surprisingly, it's not moldy like I expected. There's a shower without a curtain in the back corner, a toilet, a sink, and a drawer. Nothing is too dirty, which surprises me considering this is like a jail.

"Your clothes are in the bottom drawer. Throw your dirty ones in the corner over here." He says pointing to the corner over by the sink.

They're giving me clean clothes too? What kind of torture or punishment is this? Derrick takes that he unlocks my handcuffs and closes the door, but he doesn't leave and I don't think he's going to... no matter how uncomfortable it seems, I really need a shower.

"You get ten minutes." He says motioning to his watch on his wrist.

I just look at him. I'm trying to get him to take the hint and leave, and I think he understands, but he's not leaving.

"I agree that you should get your own privacy while going to the bathroom, taking a shower or something like that, but it's not my rule, so I recommend to get moving because you only have nine minutes left."

Slowly I take my shirt off over my head, and turn to turn on the shower. Before I take my pants or bra off I look over at Derrick and realize that he looking straight ahead at the wall, not my partially naked body. Now I show some respect for this guy... I mean most men can't resist looking at a naked, or in my case, almost naked woman, and how he has every option to right now, but isn't... I really respect that.

I turn on the shower and quickly strip off the rest of my clothes and step over the ledge to the shower keeping the water in the tub. I yelp when I realize how hot the water is. They're giving us hot water too? So much for being "captured."

"You okay?" I hear Derrick ask from outside the shower.

"Yeah. I just wasn't expecting the water to be that hot!" I reply turning the cold water up more to soothe my burning skin.

He chuckles in reply.

I continue to take my shower with the bar of soap and shampoo in the shower. I try my best to wash off my face, but it is really bruised and very sensitive making it hurt like hell every time I touch it.

The water doesn't smell sour or look brown, so I'm assuming that it is drinkable too. I take advantage of that to save my water in the cup back in my cell and drink now.

"How do you know David?" I ask him hoping he won't yell at me or something. My stupid Erudite curiosity got the best of me.

"Why the sudden interest in my life?"

"Sorry..." I mumble.

"We grew up together, okay? Now hurry up because you have five minutes to get out and get dressed or you're going to walk out soaking wet and naked."

"Okay."

I turn off the water and grab the towel that I put on the floor next to the shower before I got in and wrap myself in it and get out of the shower. I go in the bottom drawer of the dresser in the bathroom corner and see that there is probably three shirts, three pairs of pants, some socks I don't bother to count, some underpants that I also don't bother to count, and one other bra. Strangely, all of the clothes are around my size.

There is a dark gray shirt, a brown shirt, and a black shirt; all long sleeve. The jeans are your average denim jeans; navy blue. I assume that I'll wear the combat boots that I've been wearing for who knows how long.

I grab the brown shirt, a pair of jeans, a pair of white socks with a hole in the left one by my pinkie toe, underpants, and the bra.

I quickly get dressed and realize that there is a brush and some hair ties in the back of the drawer so I grab them and brush out my hair then pull it back in a very wet ponytail.

"How much time do I have left?" I ask him.

"Two minutes."

I nod and take advantage of this time to explore the drawer. There's the clothes, the towel and washcloth I had already used were in there before, the brush, hair ties, tooth paste and a tooth brush. The average things that you would need in a bathroom basically.

I take the tooth paste and tooth brush and quickly brush my teeth and put everything back the way I found it in the drawer. I think about looking through the other drawers; not to take anything, but just to see what they have.

"Alright, hands infront of you. Time to go back."

I put my hands out and he puts the cuffs back on and walks me back the way we came, well, I think we do until we end up going down a different hallway.

David is standing infront of a door.

"Why don't we have a little walk through," he says, smirking.

Bracing myself for what lies ahead, he takes hold of the handcuffs from Derrick and we enter the door. My jaw automatically drops open as we enter.

A/N-

Hi humans!!

I know, kind of a boring chapter with a cliffhanger; or at least my attempt at a cliffhanger...

It's been raining all day. Such a gloomy Monday... At least tomorrow is Tuesday!

Anyway...
Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4