Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault

David

Those two are married now, and will be having their baby in about six months.

That means that I only have five months to get them here. Then I will have the whole Prior family and have Natalie and Tris really pay for what's happened in the past.

Revenge is sweet they say...

Tris

Every day seems to repeat itself. I get up fighting against my leg, we get food, sometimes a shower (but that's only happened twice), mom gets pulled out by Derrick or David for no reason, she comes back in pain, I help her go to bed, then I go to bed.

Why are they taking her out? I still can't seem to get an answer in my head.

Derrick comes in opening the door with a loud bang, but he's not alone, David is following him.

Derrick throws our food containers at us, sets down our little cup of water, then turns toward mom.

She tries to stand, but her legs start to shake and she falls. I want to try and stand myself to help her, but I don't want David to hurt her more for my help.

She tries again to stand, this time using the bars of the cell to pull herself up. She's on her feet for a few seconds, but then clutches her lower stomach in pain and falls again.

"Your pathetic! You can't even stand by yourself anymore!" David laughs

Derrick laughs with him. God, these two make me sick! It's not like she can help it! You two are doing this to her!

"I can't help it!" Mom cries out in pain.

"Maybe if you acted differently, you could. Now stand!" David yells.

She tries again, using the bars to pull herself up, but once she's on her feet she clutches her lower stomach again and almost falls. She's forcing herself to stand, no matter how painful it is for her right now.

She's clenching her teeth in pain, and is almost sobbing while trying to stand there. If I could stand right now, I would help her. But I can't even stand on my injured leg, so I wouldn't be too much help.

"I... Can't!" Mom cries out in pain.

"She can't help it! You two did it to her! Please don't force her! Can't you see she's in pain?!" I yell, but instantly regretting it afterwards.

"Because of you not knowing the past between us... I will NOT hold that statement against you. But you shut you mouth you idiot!" He turns to me.

He unlocks moms cell and walks in.

"Stand." She trembles looking at him.

"NOW." He yells so loud my ears ring.

"I tried, but I can't."

"So, try again!" He yells.

"I did! I can't! It hurts too much! I'm sorry, but I can't!" She sobs.

David pulls out his gun and clicks the bullet into it.

"What did I say? Try again!"

She tries. She holds onto the bars with both of her hands and pulls herself partially up, gritting her teeth in pain. She's on her feet for less than five seconds before her legs give out from under her and she clutches her lower stomach in pain again. She hides her head in her hands and sobs.

David holds the gun at her still. Who knows where he'll shoot her, but he will be sure to shoot her.

"NO! Don't shoot her! Shoot me instead! Please! I'll do anything! Just stop hurting her!" I yell.

He turns toward me fast and before I can react he shoots me in the left leg again.

"One, for your mother."

He shoots me in the same leg again.

"Two." The gun goes off. "For opening your mouth when I told you to SHUT UP!" He yells.

I'm breathing heavily. For some reason, I didn't scream. I feel like my left leg is slowly being burned to pieces. Bit by bit. Piece by piece. I just am sitting there staring. Not reacting to the pain in any way normal.

I hear my father calling my name, but it's muffled. I hear my mothers groaning in pain, but that's muffled too. I feel like the world is spinning so I grab onto one of the bars and hold it tight. Really tight. I close my eyes tight as well, trying to stop the spinning.

"Dad?"

"Beatrice, dear. Open your eyes. Let go of the bar. Your okay. Your okay. Just calm down. Deep breaths."

I slowly open my eyes and release the bar. I hadn't realized I was even holding it, or how tight I had been holding it until I realized how cramped my hand and fingers were.

"Deep breaths." He tells me.

I breathe deeply in through my nose, out through my mouth.

In through my nose, out through my mouth.

In through my nose, but my exhale comes out as a strangled cry of pain.

My rhythm of breathing is gone and the world is spinning again.

I close my eyes tightly and try to get my breathing under control.

I breathe in, then cry out.

In, then out.

I open my eyes to see mom trying to do the same thing as me. Breathe. She's holding her lower stomach in pain as she does so.

I don't know if it's the blood loss affecting my vision, but I see a barely noticeable bump of her stomach. Did I never notice it? Or am I going crazy from the three bullets logged in my left leg?

I close my eyes, clench my teeth and try to sleep through the pain.

A/N-

Hi humans!

I hope that everyone (if you celebrate it) had a good Thanksgiving!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4