Chapter 33 - Erudite

Tobias

The car to go to Erudite going to pick us up in a few minutes. It's like a thirty to forty minute ride now a days because of it not only being on the other side of the city, but more people drive so there's more cars on the roads.

I did learn how to drive a car many years ago, but I never liked it nor do I ever have a reason to drive anywhere so I have no reason to own a car.

There's a few more than ten of us going. Two of us being leaders and the rest are people from the control room. I think there ended up being eleven or twelve people going last minute from the control room.

Two dark blue middle sized cars pull up outside the second entrance to the Dauntless HQ. Greg and I (well more like I) decided that we will have a leader in each car. I really just didn't want to be stuck in a car with him for that long.

The car itself is already to small for a claustrophobic person like me. He won't make it much better.

"SHOTGUN!" Zeke yells.

"We have leaders in shotgun Zeke! We already talked about this!" Ron slaps the back of his head.

"But I called it!"

They continue arguing for who knows how long and by that time we all are already loaded in the cars. I'm in the passengers seat and there's five people already in the car. One more person can fit in each car. Of course, Zeke gets in the same one as me because he probably has no clue what he even signed up for.

He just wanted to come along on a field trip.

It's a pretty good sized car and could seat up to seven not counting the driver.

The question I was waiting for had finally come.

"So, could someone explain to me what we are needed to do in Erudite?"

Zeke.

It's going to be a long car ride...

*   *   *

We pull up to Erudite headquarters around nine thirty am. I think that we made it here pretty quickly. The roads weren't to busy, so I can understand why we made it here so fast.

I recognize their leader, Mark walking toward us.

"Good morning everyone. Thanks for coming out." He says putting his hand out for me to shake and I do.

"I'm Four."

"Mark. Nice to meet you." He nods his head.

"You too."

"Let's get you all settled in your living quarters, then we can show you around a little for where you will be working during your time here, hopefully we can leave you and who ever you need from our faction to get to work right away. We cannot waste any time so follow me."

He goes on and on about the faction's history and the different jobs, initiation stuff, if we know who we will be with in our "living quarters" etc. I tune him out for most of it until we reach a hall full of doors. It's kind of like the hallways of apartments in Dauntless, but much brighter and cleaner.

He takes out a clipboard and lists off various names that I don't even know and what apartment they're in.

I have one thought:

Please still have me roomed with Zeke. Not with Greg.

"Four and Zeke apartment thirty three."

Thank goodness!