Chapter 27 - Deaths?

^^The trailer actually came out today... But that picture though!! Fourtris feels!^^

Tobias

On the TV is a video call from the Erudite. At first glance it looked like a news broadcast, but I can see clearly now that it's a video chat. We can see them and they can see us. Something is wrong. I can feel the tension like a thick smoke in the air.

"This is all of us." Josh says to the man on the TV.

"Okay. Now, where do I begin..." He starts.

I feel my heart racing so much that it's bound to burst any second now, and my hands are sweating so much that no matter how many times I rub them in my jeans, they don't feel any different.

"My name is Mark and I'm the head leader of Erudite. I'm calling because we need some help. You see, there's been a bad accident in one of our laboratories and the individual, Caleb Prior has been killed by fumes in the air. It seems that his wife, Cara Prior has been killed my someone in our mental section of our hospital. It is very upsetting to all of us here."

What the hell? Caleb is dead? I wasn't expecting that. It kind of upsets me. All of those times I wish he were dead, well now I regret it. He was the last bit her I had left.

"So, as I said, we need your help. Caleb was working on this project outside the fence, and he's found something that could be threatening to the city..."

Wait? Outside the fence? Was he the person that I've been talking to about the expermient outside the fence?

This is bad...

Really bad.

"In the notes on his work computer is says that he's been trying to get the Dauntless to jump in and work with him and his group on this research. It also says that he's been talking to one of the leaders--"

"Sorry to interrupt, but does this happen to be the research that involved the Dauntless from the fence, people from our Control Room, and the Dauntless leaders?" I ask.

"Exactly. How do you know all of this?" He questions.

"I've been the leader that Caleb has been talking to. I know the majority of the plans."

"Oh, this is great! Josh, do you think that we could get some help from your faction? We could really use the help."

"We're going to have to take a vote from all of the leaders first... Anyone not okay with that?" Josh asks.

"That's how you Dauntless vote?" Mark chuckles.

"Is there a problem with that?" Josh asks trying to sound formal.

Mark doesn't reply.

"I'm going to call you back so we can do this in private." Josh says hanging up the video chat making the TV go dark.

"So, as I was saying... Does anyone agree, disagree, have concerns, comments, suggestions?" Josh asks all of the leaders.

"Personally, I think that this is very important. We just ended a war three years ago, and this seems like it could start another one too soon." I say.

"But we can't loose troops by doing this. Plus, maybe if we don't disturb that and who ever is in it, maybe they won't come after us." Sarah says.

"I agree with her. Just leave it alone. Then it won't come after us. We can't loose the troops." Ron agrees.

"But imagine all the people that will die if they attack us first! We know they are there, so why not get a head start?" Greg agrees with me.

Something doesn't make sense to me...

How did Cara and Caleb die on the same day, around the same time, but from different causes? That seems ironic and makes no sense. Two people from the same family don't just die on the same day from different causes... I may be wrong, but it sounds like it was planned. We are exploring the wrong thing. We need to be looking at cameras that caught their death. This needs some detective work.

"Something doesn't make sense to me..." I start, "Is it kind of ironic that both Caleb and Cara died on the same day, but by different causes? It--"

"Sounds caused..." Josh says his voice fading.

"I didn't even think of that." Sarah says

"Doesn't Erudite have some detective people?" I ask.

"Yeah." Josh says looking like he's getting what I'm saying.

"I say that first we join their detectives with some of our Control Room people and have them explore that further. Then after that possibly work on this project that Caleb was planning. They may tie together somehow." I say.

"So, are we in agreement with Four?" Josh asks.

"Yes." Everyone replies in almost unison.

He begins to call back Mark on his video chat.

I can't help but wonder...

Are they actually dead?

Do these two things tie together somehow?

Josh explains our whole plan that we came up with to Mark and him and his leaders agree with us.

"So, we should get this started as soon as possible. We can have a place to stay, access to our Cafeteria, and our detectives for your people coming. When can you have some of your leaders and Control Room people here by?" Mark asks Josh.

"In three days good? We need to let them know whose going and give them time to pack up equipment and their belongings. Then we'll send them on over."

"I can send cars to pick them up at..." Mark flips through a packet of papers. "Eleven am three days from now. Is that okay?"

"Great."

"Okay. See you then." Mark concludes hanging up.

"Sorry for the rush for this meeting. I know I panicked most of you." Josh apologizes.

"So, can we meet again for planning all of this tomorrow morning at nine-ish in my office?" He asks.

We all nod.

Everyone begins to leave but Josh stops me.

"See? This is why we need you as a leader." He says smiling slapping me on the back.

I chuckle and walk out of his office to continue on with my boring day.

A/N-

Hi humans!!

I know I said that I was going to update yesterday, and I feel bad because I wanted to. But of course I ended up having a choral concert at school and my teachers hate anything involving music so they gave me tons of homework. I was going to update earlier today, but then my grandma called and wanted to make Christmas cookies, so here I am at 9pm finally updating! Hopefully I will be able to update more this weekend!

Life sucks. Lol

1.95k reads!!

So.... What did everyone think about that Insurgent trailer?!?! I thought it was PERFECTION!!!!! But what are they doing? Having Fourtris sex in the second movie?!?! I mean aren't they going to save that for Allegiant Part 2? Still, I'm happier with this full trailer than the Teaser. That teaser was mad confusing! Now I get it that it was a simulation... So, tell me what you guys think of it!

Until next time!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4