Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea

Evelyn (A/N- keep in mind that her and Tobias made up in the end of Allegiant and she lives in the Dauntless compound now.)

I wake up to a meowing at the end of my bed.

"Holly, go back to sleep! It's to early to get up." I groan.

Holly is my cat that Tobias gave me for my birthday last year. Considering that my birthday is December eleventh, I decided to name her Holly since it made sense for the time of year. She is still a kitten, a little over a year old and is black with white feet.

When Tobias gave her to me, he said that it was so I'd have company when he would leave the fence (A/N- The fence is more like the "border line" of Chicago in this point of time.) because of being one of the co-leaders of Chicago. He doesn't leave as often anymore, maybe four or five times a year... but it's still nice to have Holly to keep me company.

Tobias found out that his birthday is May fourth once he transfered to Dauntless, and let me say that he is the hardest person to get a gift for.

Considering that his birthday is two weeks from today, I really should find out what to get him. He's just so depressed though... he doesn't have any hobbies other than working. And he's interested in computers, but I don't want him to be on a computer at work all day, then give him some kind of device for home. I want to give him something that will maybe help him with his depression...

Holly comes up and purrs rubbing her face against my cheek begging for attention.

"Oh Holly..." I say shaking my head. "Holly..." She looks at me probably wondering why I repeated her name.

I know now! I know what to get him. I'm sure his friends will help too.

I pick up Holly and go to make breakfast, then I will call some his friends to see if they'll help.

Christina

It's around nine in the morning when my phone rings while I'm eating breakfast.

The caller ID says -Evelyn Johnson-

I must know her if the phone recognized the number... Oh, Evelyn! Four's mother! Duh! I pick it up and answer it.

"Good morning!" I say cheerfully.

"Hi Christina, it's Evelyn, Four's mother."

"Yeah, I recognized the caller ID."

"So I was wondering if you could help me spread this word to all of Four's friends. It's about his birthday next week..."

"Yeah, sure."

"So I wanted to get him a present that would help him with this depression he's fallen into, and he had gotten me a cat for my birthday so I wouldn't be so lonely when he was away," she starts.

"I don't see where your going here, Evelyn. Four doesn't seem like a cat person..." I state very confused.

"Oh, I don't want to get him a cat. I was thinking more like a dog or puppy."

"You know, I really think that might actually help. I mean, if he's not alone, maybe Tris will be off of his mind, and the dog would help keep him busy."

"Exactly. So what I want you and his friends to do is get him the other things, like a leash, collar, dog bed and so on... Also, I have no idea what kind or breed of dog to get him. I was thinking a puppy that would grow much bigger, and defiantly a male."

"I agree that it should be a male so he has another guy friend, and one that will get pretty big... I don't see him enjoying a little dog. Plus, puppies are more work than grown dogs, so that will also keep him more busy."