Chapter 67 - I Don't Care

Tris

I wake up towards the back of my cold, hard cell; pain still crashing in waves over my whole body.

I hear footsteps in the next hall to my left.

Crap.

They're David and those three other guys' footsteps.

Over the last... Who knows how long, I've memorized the sounds of their footsteps from the every time they've come and pinned me down and jammed that thing up my nose.

Heart racing, I get as close to the back wall as I can.

'Ha. Like it'll help or save me any.' I think in my head.

"Early riser, huh Beatrice." David smirks walking in the room with his other three minions.

I feel myself begin to tremble as the cell door clicks and unlocks; in fear that something other than the usual will happen; in fear of things up my nose; in fear of David and what he's capable of.

"You know the drill," he says to his minions.

The one grabs my head, other my feet, third person my arms and upper body as I struggle against their arms as David comes up with the huge thing with I now notice a gray-ish barely noticeable liquid on it.

He jambs the fat cotton swab thing way up my nose as the burning feeling fills my brain and I cry out.

'It just burns too much.' I sob mentally in my head just because the pain is too much to get the words out of my mouth.

They yank the thing out of my nose just to be replaced with the gushing blood moving fast all the way down to my chin, dripping onto the cement floor.

Just as I feel like I may be done; that I'm finally done with this life and can go somewhere where there's peace, all of the hands come off of me.

I hear shuffling, but no one ever actually leaves the room. I don't dare open my eyes or make a sound in fear of what's next. I just cover my head in my arms and hands and curl up into a ball, awaiting the worst thing possible even though I'm not too sure what exactly what it'll be.

"Now." I hear David's voice echo through the quiet room full of cells.

The first blow almost feels like a punch, but with much more force. I cry out in pain as it hits me in the ribcage.

There's another blow that goes to my forearm, it doesn't hurt as bad, but the pain is still terrible.

'They're rocks'' I finally realize as that voice screams at me inside my head for being so stupid.

Just as I mentally realize that, the rocks just keep coming, one after another, harder and harder, blow after blow.

I feel my heart begin to race as my body trembles uncontrollably and I cry out for the pain taking over every ounce of my body.

Seconds feel like minutes which feel like hours which feel like days as the rocks just keep getting chucked at every inch of my body.

"Please stop. Please stop. Please don't. Please stop." My mouth takes control over my brain as the words slip through my trembling lips.

Of course the rocks keep coming.

'How many of these did they bring? They've gotta run out eventually... Right?' I think to myself.

Soon, after what felt like years, the rocks slow down and I hear the guys walking around me, probably picking up rocks and seeing if I'm even still alive.

"She's breathing, heavily." I hear a male voice I don't recognize say.

"Good." I hear David reply to him. "We don't want her gone just yet... We still have more torture and burnt bridges to be done." I hear the smirk clear in his voice.

I hear them pick up bags and close the cell door. Cautiously and slowly I move my hands away from my face the tiniest bit to try and see.

As soon as I actually can see, I see that only one of the guys left the cell, but I don't see much because a rock hits me square in the cheek bone as soon as my eyes focus.

I cry I don't even call my own escapes my lips as pain radiates through my left cheek, throbbing erratically with my pulse. I am quick to hide my face back in my arms, scared that they have another rock, just about to be chucked.

I should've listened for all of their footsteps to leave the cell, to leave the room before I ever thought about coming out of my shelter.

I hear more footsteps leave the cell, all of them this time, then I hear all of them leave to my right.

Out of fear for what happened just moments ago, I stay in my arms for who knows how long after they leave. Just to be sure they actually left.

My stomach begins to clench as I feel myself begin to gag for unknown reasons, just like every day, and that's what pulls me from my arms; I roll over onto my left side facing the wall as I feel like I could throw up.

I know I never will though. I haven't eaten in days, weeks.

I couldn't even if I wanted to; I'd just throw it up and be in the same situation.

My stomach can't keep anything down right now, and I don't know why. I'm always hungry; no, starving, but even when David chucks an apple and bread at me to eat, I can't keep it down. I end up throwing it up every time. It doesn't matter how starving I am; my stomach won't accept food.

It seems like everything is a poison to my body.

Food.

Water.

The stuff they jam up my nose.

Laying here doing nothing.

It's all killing me slowly;

Just like a poison.

I don't care anymore though.

Just let him kill me.

No one cares anyway.

And no one will when I'm gone.

It'll be easier if I just die now.

I don't care anymore.

I just don't.

Let me die.

I don't care.

A/N-

Hey humans! I'm back!!!!!!!!! Band camp is over but the marching season has only begun.. But for now I'm back!! 😊

I hate to tell you all but this is my last pre written chap 😔 I just haven't had much time at all to write or anything and school starts in a week just about for me.

I love you all so so much and I really appreciate how you've all been dealing with my crazy updating schedule and all of that crap but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I seriously love you all and don't forget it!! 💕💕

Anyways...

37.7k reads!!

Don't forget to

Vote

and

Comment

and

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!