Chapter 21 - Party Prep

(A/N- Just to warn you all, this chap changes POV a lot again! Beware!!! *wiggles fingers mysteriously*)

Tobias

"Happy birthday, Tobias." She says kissing my cheek.

I know the voice; it's that voice that calms me in my good dreams, but haunts my nightmares. It's Tris.

I smile then turn around and kiss her lovingly.

I pull away. "Thank you. I love you." I tell her.

"I love you too."

We lay there in each other's arms, the only thing heard is the sound of our breathing. She caresses my bare chest while I pull my hands through her long dirty blonde hair, over and over again; almost like I'm combing it with my fingers. It has grown out since she had cut it. I liked it short, but it also is beautiful long. She is beautiful no matter how she looks to me.

This is the best gift I could ask for. My beautiful Beatrice, right here in my arms; right where she belongs.

She looks up at me and kisses me on the lips, then pulls away and giggles; a strange laugh that only an Amity would do. It surprises me coming from her.

"What?" I start laughing too.

She strokes my lips with her thumb and says, "You need to shave."

I laugh as well, what made that so funny, I have no clue. But oh well, sometimes it's good to laugh; even if your not an Amity.

"I will once I get up." I groan, laughing.

She smiles and kisses me on the lips again and I kiss back.

Once we pull away I plant a kiss on the top of her head and mumble "I love you; so so much."

I jump, look around for any signs of other life. Any signs of her. Sadly, there's none.

I lay back down and try to calm down because my head is spinning, I'm breathing so heavy I might as well have just ran a marathon,my heart feels like it's going to jump out if my chest, I'm sweating like crazy, and my hands are shaking.

"It was just a dream."

"It. Was. Just. A. Dream."

I say out loud to myself over and over again.

I feel tears start to go down my face. It was just a dream.

That means that Tris isn't here in my arms like in my dream. She never will be.

Never again.

I feel the side of my face and do what she told me to in my dream.

I head to the bathroom to shave.

Evelyn

I got up early to blow up some black balloons and hang some black streamers to make it a little more festive in here for the party later. I picked up a Dauntless cake last night in the cafeteria and got some birthday candles for the occasion as well. I'm trying to learn how to do this whole 'birthday party' thing because Abnegation nor did the Factionless ever have such thing. I'm trying my best.

It's ten minutes to eight when I head out the door to get the puppy at the pet store. I decided to keep him in the office until the party for Tobias at eleven. Before I leave, I look around the office and make sure that everything is ready for when I bring him back.