Chapter 16 - Mom?

Chapter 16 - Mom?

Tris

I wake up and pain overwhelms me instantly. I see that the blanket strip I tied around my leg is now completely dark red. The sight makes me want to hurl. I groan sitting up blinking my eyes to see clearly.

I see that Dad is back from his shower. He's back in his cell and looks like he's stalling himself with a pebble drawing on the concrete.

"Oh my. Beatrice! Your awake! Don't hurt yourself. Why don't you lay back down. Don't worry, I'm here."

"It's okay, Dad. I'm fine." I say positioning myself into a more comfortable position for my leg.

"Seriously. Moving will make it start bleeding again. Try to not move it."

"I'll try. I can't promise anything."

"Mom's not back yet?" I ask getting nervous.

"No..." He says looking down. I'm not Candor, but I know that he's hiding something from me.

"Dad, what's wrong? You never hide stuff from me."

"I don't want to make you worry. Why don't you lay back down..."

"No!" I yell louder than I meant to. "What are you hiding? I won't worry, promise." I lower my voice.

"I'd hope you'd worry about it, but I don't want to frighten you. It shouldn't be happening in the first place." This is really upsetting him. Tears brim his eyes.

"Is about Mom?"

He nods; a tear escaping his eye and rolling down his cheek.

"Dad," I say my voice wavering. "Please tell me."

He takes a deep breath and is about to answer when the door bangs open revealing a smirking David pushing a very weak looking version of my mother to her cell.

"Well, lookie here. Someone decided to wake up. Huh, Beartice. Have a good nap? How's your leg? Bleeding?"

I feel this urge to scream building up in my body; running through my veins, making my head throb.

I don't answer him.

He opens the door to Mom's cell and throws her in. She groans loudly as she hits the concrete hard on her right shoulder.

"Oh my gosh! Mom!" I gasp trying to crawl over to her.

I hear a bullet click into its slot in a gun.

"Move any closer and I will shoot you. Don't think I won't. I have before, and will again." David barks.

"What'd you do to her?!" I scream,"What did she do to you?!"

"She decided to marry him!" He yells pointing at dad.

"And what I did to her is for me to know, and you to find out." He says slyly.

With that said he walks out, turning off the lights signaling that it's time for bed.

I look at mom and she looks back at me; tears brimming her eyes. I don't care if he shoots me. I attempt to crawl over to her, at least to try and comfort her. I feel like right now it's better not knowing where he took her, and what he did to her.

"No... Beatrice," her voice wavers," He'll hurt you. Go lie down, you shouldn't be moving around anyway."

"Mom, I don't care what he will do to me. You need me right now, and that's all that matters."

She just looks at me, drectly in my eyes. I fold blanket like a pillow the best that I can through the bars, gritting my teeth in pain myself, for her to lay on. I motion for her to lay down. After she does, I lay the other blanket on top of her. I squeeze her hand for reassurance before leaving her side to let her sleep.

I follow the same procedure for me to go to bed; fold my one blanket into a pillow, but before I lay down and wrap myself in the other blanket, I check on my leg.

Concidering that the blanket strip I put on my leg earlier is a very deep red from the blood, I decide to rip off another strip from my "pillow." Carefully, I loosen the knot tied in the blanket around my leg. I clench my teeth and cry to keep from screaming at the top of my lungs. It feels like jabbing a knife in my leg and twisting it.

The bloody strip is almost off. I hope that I can get a shower tomorrow... But I highly doubt it. This dried blood will be pretty painful to get off even with water.

I let out a sigh of relief. It's off. Although it's pretty dark in here, I can clearly make out a bullet right in my leg; glowing in the my shadow cast across the floor, reflecting off the blood beginning to pour out of it again. I close my eyes, not wanting to realize that that bullet is in my leg. It makes me want to freak out even more.

I think about trying to take it out myself, but then I second guess myself. It would most likely get infected if I take it out right here, right now. And , it would be so painful that I don't think I could handle any more pain right now. I decide to just try and keep it wrapped, so hopefully it won't get infected...

I take the new blanket strip and set it over top of the bullet, then grit my teeth and double knot it tight.

Even though that the pain will most likely keep me awake for the majority of the night, I lay down and cover myself with the other blanket and get as comfortable as I can. I wish that Tobias were here right now, to cuddle me in his arms and tell me that everything will be okay, to fight off the nightmares that I know will come,

and to have him press his lips to mine and tell me that he loves me

Over and

Over and

Over again.

Oh how I miss his so much.

But it must be worse for him.

A/N-

Hi Humans!!

Sorry, it's kind of short... I had a huge idea, but then decided to save it for later... So this is all for now. But I have 5 days off of school, so I will update a little longer and more within that time.

So... 184 reads as of now! I cannot believe it! Love you all so much! <4

I have nothing else to say, so bye! Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4