Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths

Tobias

How?

What the heck?

I can't even begin to think when I see this.

It's just a tiny small stone structure, smaller than a small shed.

How could there be so many people in there?

Is there that many people in there?

Were we falsely led to this place?

Are they all being kept somewhere else while we were going on a goose chase all the way to freaking Kentucky?!

"What the heck?" I hear Amar barely whisper sounding almost disappointed.

Murmurs of anger, confusion and who knows what else spread through the now full pack of people that were earlier hustled in the Main Building.

Almost cautiously my hand goes down to the waistband of my jeans where my radio is. I press the button and begin to talk, hoping that they are ready on the other lines back at Dauntless and Erudite for this possible set back.

"Dauntless or Erudite headquarters do you copy?" I ask into the radio.

It cracks and squeaks for a minute, then I hear clear as day, "Yes, we copy."

"This is Four and, well... we are here, well, we think. Are you sure this is the right place? It's too small for there to be over forty people trapped in this place. Can you check out the area more on something and see if this is the place or is we were falsely led?" I say, my voice echoing quietly through the radio after I speak.

"Give us a second." The voice cracks, barely audible, but enough for me to know what he said.

*    * *

Third Person

"Come on." David gruffly snaps clearly giving up on her walking and begins to drag her by the leg.

She grabs onto one of the poles that form her cell and holds on for dear life; her face converting into pain as he continues to pull her like she's a rag doll even harder.

She screams, her fingers slipping from the pole as she grasps on for dear life, basically knowing that if she let go it would be her end.

A sob escapes her lips as her last finger slips from the cold metal pole and her severely injured leg gets harshly jerked. David drags her in a panicked, rushed manor down the cold, hard cement walls and floors that make up the prison.

"Please, no." The words escape her lips without even being processed.

She knows that most likely where she is being dragged is to her death.

'What made him have such a quick, panicked outburst so quickly?' Tris wonders right before David turns and pulls her down yet another hallway.

Screaming in pain, this has been the longest he has ever dragged her for and she panicked that he'll never stop.

"Put a sock in it and just maybe you'll live." He snaps as she looks at him through her darkening vision.

Lefts.

Rights.

Being dragged down dozens of stairs.

This journey to wherever he's dragging her never will seem to stop.

"Please!" She cries in agony.

David suddenly stops at a door, her leg throbbing erratically and her semi-healed cuts beginning to bleed. Keys jingle and the door is slammed open then quickly he drags himself and her in and locks them in from the inside.

The second he takes his hands off her leg to lock the door she scrambles like a wounded animal to the nearest corner of the small, dark room then curls up as if maybe she made herself small enough, no one would see her.

She hears his footsteps draw right up to her curled up body and stop in front of her.

"This is one of the last memories your 'gonna have, girl." He says, his voice monotone.

"Because this," he pauses.

"This is both your and my deaths."

A/N-

Hi humans!!!

So only the epilogue is left and I'm going to start writing that tonight!! 🤗😭😱

The one year-versary of TTAA is on November 15th!! Who would've guessed, almost a year later, there's 69 chapters and over 45k reads on this fanfic!! 💕💕

Marching season is over now and we got third place (which is FREAKING AWESOME!!) so I will be back on both of my fanfics and will be starting to pre wrote for the sequel to this!!

45.3k reads!!!! 💕💕💕🙃

Anyways....

Thanks for reading!!!

Don't forget to

Vote

And

Comment

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!!! 🙂😘