Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit

Evelyn

It's two days until Tobias's birthday. Today I am going down to the pet store to get a dog. From what I heard, his friends already bought the stuff, now all we need is the dog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Pet store in Pit
-Husky
-Lab
-German Shepard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look at my list I made from my chat with Christina. I wonder what these dogs look like. Well, I guess I'm about to find out.

I walk into the Pet Store and instantly the smell hits me. Wow! I could never work here!

"Hello! I'm Julia. Can I help you with anything?" A young lady asks.

"Actually, I need a lot of help! I want to get my son a dog for his birthday, and his friends made a list of dog breeds that he would like, but I don't know anything about dogs."

"I see the problem. Can I take a look at the list? Then maybe I can show you some of our dogs."

"Of course." I say handing her the list.

"We have a few of each breed of these dogs. Follow me." Julia says.

I follow her, wondering what these dogs will be like.

All around the pet store, there is like these baby gate like play pens that the animals live in I guess. Some are in metal crates sleeping, some are running in the fenced in area, and some have escaped and are being chased by a store worker.

"What gender were you looking for? Boy or girl?" She asks me.

"Well, I was hoping for a male. Maybe a puppy if possible. Also something that will grow into a big dog."

"Okay then. Let's start off with the Huskies."

We walk to the back of the room to find six or seven puppies running around toppling over each other in a little fenced off area. They are very fluffy, black and white and some have brown, and are acting pretty wild.

"These are our youngest male puppies. If you look over there, that's how big they get."

Behind the play area of puppies, there is another fenced off area with huge fluffy dogs in it. Like HUGE! They could be confused with bears!

"If you walk this way, I'll show you our Labs."

Gosh! This store must be huge! I've only ever been in the front to buy food for Holly, but I had no idea it was this big!

"These are our male Lab puppies. They don't grow to be as big as the Husky, but they do get big." She says motioning to some dogs behind the puppies.

"I got to say that I think he would like these better that the Huskies. I don't see him liking a very fluffy dog like that... These look good though."

The puppies are various colors and shades of black, grey, blonde, brown white, and so much more. I don't see him liking them though... They are pretty wild yet again. Maybe it's just how the puppies are...

"How about I show you our German Shepards before you make a decision. I think that they're the breed your looking for."

We walk into the way back of the store to find a pen with seven puppies in it; all black and brown. Not to fluffy, but not like the labs. They seem pretty calm too, I mean a few are playing with each other, but they aren't crazy like the Huskies were.

"They grow up to be around the size as the Huskies, but a little bit smaller.." She says motioning to some big sized dogs behind the puppies.

"Do you have an idea of which breed he may like?"

"I really think he'll like these." I say.

"Okay. How about I let you meet them."

"Sure." I reply.

She steps over the gate and motions for me to too.

All the dogs crowd my feet, but only two or three try to jump on me.

"None of them have names, we leave that for the owner to do. Just put your hand down and let then smell you."

I put my hand down, some smell me then walk away, some won't stop licking my hand, and some show now interest in me at all.

I stand back up and get a good look at all of them. Yes, he would like one of these. They seem like a good fit. Now to choose just one...

"If you wanted, you could buy one today and pick it up when your ready. We'll take care of it for you for no extra charge.

"That would be great! I just don't know how I can choose one of these like guys. It's so hard!"

"Well, how does your son act?"

"He's turning twenty two and he doesn't do or like much. He's fallen into a depression and I'm hoping that maybe a dog could help pull him out if it."

"So you're looking for a dog that will keep him busy and will love him even though he's not to happy all the time?"

"Exactly."

"How about we step out for a second and look."

We both get out of the pen and look at the puppies. The one follows me and tries to jump up on the gate to lick my face, but ends up too small and can't.

"What about him? He seems pretty excited to meet a new person."

"Can I pick him up?" I ask.

"Sure! Just be careful."

I pick up the puppy and hold him. He squirms for a bit, but then calms down and starts licking my chin.

"He's perfect." I say laughing.

The puppy continues to lick my chin.

"Okay. Let's bring him up to the front." She says putting a collar and leash on him.

"Would you like us to watch him for you?" She asks.

"Please! That would be great!"

"Okay. Put him down in this pen over here. These are our dogs that are no longer for sale and have already been bought. No one else can buy them if he's in here."

I kiss the dog on the top of the head, pet his head one more time and put him down in the pen. Then walk over to Julia by the checkout counter.

*   *   *

I should call Christina and tell her that I got the dog. She can pass it on to everyone else.

After a few rings, she picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hi. It's Evelyn."

"Oh, hi Evelyn! What's up?"

"I wanted you to pass the word that I got Four a German Shepard puppy today. It's staying down at the store until his birthday.

"That's great! I'm sure that everyone else will be glad to hear it went well."

"Yeah. So the party is going to be the 4th at 3pm ish at my apartment."

"Okay. That's great. I'll pass it on."

"Thanks. Have fun at that wedding tomorrow!"

"Thanks!"

"Bye."

"Bye."

The phone beeps twice signaling the end of the conversation.

I wonder what Four will name his puppy...

A/N-

Hi Humans!! Sorry, kind of a boring filler chapter... But hey! Four will get the dog soon!

Have an awesome day!!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4