Chapter 24 - New Arrivals

Tris

It's been very boring all day. Mom, Dad and I have ran out of things to talk about, concidering that's all we do all day, talk. Worst of all, the lights just went off signaling that it's time for bed, and we never got food or water today.

I don't care about me not eating, but mom needs every little bit of food she can get. She is eating for two.

I close my eyes and let the nightmare filled sleep take me over.

* * *

I wake with a start. I just heard some loud noise from outside the door. It wasn't a gun shot, but it sounded more like something falling.

I try blinking my eyes to see if there's anything or anyone in the room, but it's no use.

It's way too dark.

The only things I can make out are the bars of my cell, my mother to my left on the floor sleeping, and the cells across the way, the one all the way to the left containing my father, who is also asleep on the floor.

Bang!

I hear it again. I can make out the sound clearly now.

It's the sound of a door slamming.

That time the sound woke mom up. She jumps up, gasping and looking over at me, hands on her stomach.

"What was that? Are you okay?" She breathes panicked.

"I think it was a door slamming from that way." I point to the right. "And yes, I'm fine. Just startled."

I sink to the back of my cell in fear. I don't want to get shot again. My leg is still unusable from the last three bullets.

Dad is now awake too and is trying to look down the hall like I tried earlier. He gives up and lays back down.

Mom is breathing really heavily and moving to the back corner of her cell like me. I'm about to ask if she's okay when the door to the right opens, the metal banging into the concrete as it swings wide open.

Four people walk in, well, two people walk, the other two are dragged into the room. The people dragging them unlcock the cell next to mine, and the one across from mine, and next to dad's.

A round stomached, blonde haired woman is thrown into the cell next to mine, and a tall, brown haired man is thrown into the one across from mine. They both hit the ground and groan in pain.

The people lock the cells, then leave out the door they came in, flipping on the lights as they leave, signaling that it's morning.

My hands begin to sweat and my bad leg begins to ache when I recognize the people that were thrown in the cells.

One of them being my brother.

The other being Will's sister, co leader of the Allegiant, Cara.

Why?!

I went into the weapons lab to protect people like this! People that I didn't want to die! So more innocent deaths wouldn't be caused by this sick man! Look where that got everyone. Back to ground zero.

I notice something.

Cara is pregnant.

A healthier size than mom pregnant, but probably not far along.

David not only got her, but he has her baby too.

He kidnapped technically three people, and the rest of us, plus all of the other people in this place.