Chapter 64 - Four More Days

Tobias

I clip Indy's leash on his collar and go out the door to start heading down to the training room.

I've had off for the past few weeks because of this whole mission; this stuff is way more important than sitting at a desk doing basically nothing.

This morning Zeke and I are meeting up at the Training Room to get weapons and other supplies for the rescue trip.

We leave in four days.

I can't believe that after three and a half years, I have to wait four more days.

Four more days until I can see the love of my life.

Tris.

We've had some Erudite here all week programming GPS's and communication things that go in our ear so we all can be on top of each other while in the middle of the rescue.

I'm just so anxious for this to happen that it's like I'm one of those Erudite fizzy soda drinks that I've watched Zeke shake up and let them explode. I'm the fizzy liquid an the verge of popping out of that bottle.

I dig in my back pocket to search for the key I have for the training room. It's usually not locked, but we've had people stealing knives and other things so we've recently started locking it until we figure out a way to fix the problem.

I suggested that we get locks on the drawers and closets/ lockers we have the stuff in and make sure that only certain people have the key to them; mainly leaders and initiation instructors. That way no one will be able to use the things we use during training, but also no one will be able to take them.

I find my key and put it in the slot and turn it so it clicks, then I push the door open.

"Here we are Indy." I say bending down and unclipping his leash. I usually just let him run around when I'm in here. There's doors and he's smart so I know he won't run away.

He runs across the training room and over by the targets for knife throwing and smells around. I let him go and sniff while I pull out my phone and get the list that all of us leaders and members of group 36 made at a meeting the other day for the rescue.

I hear the door to the room open behind me. "Hey dude!" I hear Zeke yell.

Indy barks at him and barrels across the room jumping up at him and licking whatever he can reach.

"Hey little dude." He says scratching Indy's ears bending down to his level. Of course Indy licks his face apart for them now being eye level with one another.

"Hey! This where you all are hiding?!" I hear George yell. Sure enough, him, Amar, and their dog, I think who is a greyhound, Rex come in the training room.

"Hey! What's up?!" I yell back.

"Figured we'd crash the get together." Amar says unclipping Rex's leash as the dog barrels over to Indy. The two dogs have met many times and are good friends even though Rex is quite a few years older.

"Also had to give you guys these bins. Josh said to but all of one thing in each bin... So like guns in here, bullet refills in here, knives in here and so on. Then when we are getting ready to head out we can have everyone just take what they need out of the bins." Amar says.

"Okay." I say taking the bins from him and putting them next to the table I planned to lay everything out on.

"So what do we need?" Zeke said.

"Says here we need two guns for everyone, two to three knives for everyone, a couple of things for each person to pick locks with, two bullet refills for each person and radios and all of that other technology that we aren't taking care of. We have a total of twenty three people, but they would like to have enough for thirty people if possible." I say reading from my phone.