Chapter 40 - Who?

Chapter 40 - Who?

Zeke

"It seems like you already have your decision made then." Four says.

"Yeah. I guess I do." I reply.

I kind of trudge to my room to go and pack my things. Hopefully I can catch a train back to Dauntless in the morning.

I get on my knees and pull out my suitcase that I had brought with all of my things. I put it on the bed then unzip it. There was a dresser in the room, so I had started putting some of my clothes in that, but some I kept in my suitcase because I was too lazy to unpack the rest. I did unpack all of my things for the bathroom and put them in there. I'll have to grab those as well.

Mainly my shirts and jeans are in a drawer of the dresser. Everything else is either in the bathroom or still in my suitcase.

I start to transfer the shirts from the dresser into my suitcase, dropping them as I cross the room. Maybe it would have helped if I folded my clothes...

"AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!" I think in my head and start chuckling to myself.

I turn to pick up the shirts I dropped and stuff them in my suitcase. Then I do the same with my jeans, and go to the bathroom attached to the room to get my other things.

I hear the bedroom door open. Assuming that it's Four because he's the only other person in the apartment I yell, "Yo!" And start laughing.

"Yo!" He yells back mocking me.

"Are you mocking me?" I gasp like a little girl.

"Yep." He says so calmly that it makes us break out laughing.

"I was looking online and it looks like the first train that you could catch here is six tomorrow morning. Then there's another one at eight forty five tomorrow morning and then there's various ones throughout the day."

"Ugh! That's so early!" I groan.

"Zeke. We were at the Technology Room at four thirty this morning. How is six or quarter to nine early?!" He remarks laughing.

"No comment."

He rolls his eyes and says, "Whatever. I'm going to bed."

"Night. See ya tomorrow." I say.

Eventually I finish throwing everything in my suitcase and zip it up. Then I just lay there in bed. Who knows if I ever fall asleep from everything going on in my head.

*   *   *

"Keep me updated on what goes on here and I'll keep you updated on what goes on back home. Okay?" I ask.

I'm just getting ready to leave for the train. It's quarter after five in the morning. I still have to find where the train goes by here because we drove here and I don't remember from the last time I was in Erudite.

"Works for me." He replies.

"See ya in a few weeks, I guess."

"Yeah. Bye buddy! No wild parties without me!" I say fake scolding him.

"Ha ha. Good joke Zeke. Me, parties? Really?"

"That's what I thought."

"Call or text me when you can and I'll do the same for you."

"Yep." I say heading toward the door.

"Well, I've gotta go find the train stop, well whatever you'd call it considering it doesn't stop. But I've gotta go find it. See you later."