Chapter 3 - Life is Strange

Christina

Everyday life now is just weird.

Nothing is fun anymore.

No Tori to chat and laugh with.

No Uriah to trip innocent people in the street.

No Lynn to snap back at him for being such an idiot.

No Will to be the Erudite man he would always be. (And I loved him for it)

And no Tris to be well, Tris.

Her Abnegation self that we all loved.

She had her own personality, maybe because she was Divergent. Maybe because she was just special like that.

Or maybe because she was put in our lives to give us all a little abnegation side to all of us, but she left because her job was done.

Honestly, I have no clue.

Four is a wreck,

Shauna is getting better,

Zeke is 'hanging in there'; his own words,

And me, well let's just leave it at I'm okay.

I still sometimes have hard days, where his face just won't leave my mind and all I can do is cry.

But I still try to fight through it.

I never realized how quickly he stole my heart until he was gone, and not by his decision.

I forgave Tris for shooting him, and thank goodness I did because that would just be more weight on my shoulders.

My best friend dying thinking that I hated her.

She did it out of reflex, first instinct.

I would have reacted no differently, so why hold it against her?

"Christina..." Shauna says snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry, what?" I ask her.

Great. I tuned out again. The group of us, or shall I say what's left of the group of us are meeting at the cafeteria for lunch today. Now a days, the cafeteria is more of like a musty, old restaurant that few people come to. More people cook back at their apartments.

"I said, do you want to come help me grab some food?" She told me.

"Yeah, sure." I reply, standing.

From the corner of my eye a see Tori's brother, George and Amar enter the cafeteria. The two of them got married in the pit yesterday. Because both of them are very known throughout the compound, it was pretty crowded, but very fun.

Amar use to live in the Bureau, but he decided to move back with George when we came back home to spread Tris's ashes.

At least they are now making some progress with their lives, unlike the rest of us...

"I wonder where Zeke and Four are at?" I ask Shauna.

They are the only two that aren't here yet.

"Zeke said that he was going to stop by Four's apartment because he didn't show up in the control room this morning. Just to check on him." She replies.

"Oh. Okay."

Zeke

"I'm going to head down to the cafeteria before everyone thinks I got lost again. You coming?" I ask Four.

"I'll be down in a little bit."

"Okay. See you there!"

"Don't get lost, again!" He yells back.

"I cannot promise you anything!" I yell back halfway down the hallway.

About the whole getting lost thing... Well long story short, I was very drunk. Now they constantly tease me about it.

"There he is," I hear the familiar voice of my girlfriend say.

"Hi babe," I say pecking her on the lips. She smiles in return.

"Where's Four?" Amar asks.

"He'll be down in a bit," I tell all of them.

Christina looks directly at my eyes with a questioning look.

When I look into her eyes, I know that she knows about what just went on in Four's apartment.

Once a Candor, always a Candor I guess.

"What's for lunch today?" George asks no one in particular, sitting down.

"Burgers, as usual." Christina replies.

We all sit down and begin to eat, and I avoid any conversation about Four.