Chapter 68 - Holy Crap

40k!!!! Ahh thanks so so much!!!!

Chapter 68 - Holy Crap

Tobias

I groan when I hear the faint scream of my alarm clock waking me up.

It takes me a second, but then I realize what day today is.

We are leaving for that building today.

Today is the day we leave to find everyone;

The day I leave to find Tris.

I live my morning like every morning; getting dressed, brushing my teeth, trying to not look like crap, and usually feeding Indy before I get breakfast.

Of course since Indy is at Mom's I don't have to feed him, but I grab a muffin I picked up the other day at the cafeteria and head out the door with it only being two fifteen in the morning. Leaders have to be there before three so I guess I could say I'm running right on schedule.

I make my way down to the Main Building pretty fast. Everyone is either sleeping or partying at this hour so no one is really cluttering the halls. You still can sometimes hear the booming music from some places though.

"Morning!" Josh says.

"Well aren't you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning?" I joke sarcastically.

"In my opinion it's way too early for this." He laughs joking back at me.

"So now what?"

"We wait." He simply replies.

* * *

"Okay everyone! We've got a lot to do and we'd like to be leaving before six if it's possible so just let me get this out there and then we can get a move on!" Josh begins.

There's a pretty good group of people around twenty to thirty maybe. Everyone is huddled in the entrance of the Main Building.

It's weird that we call it the Main Building when really it's just about another larger room like the Pire but used for the leaders' offices and other people's offices.

"Okay. So we have eighteen trucks, twenty-three people and each truck we'd like to get one person driving each and then some people can double up. It doesn't matter who or if there's three or if there's just one person in a truck. Just get in one and make sure each one has a driver. I believe the weapons and technology has already been distributed to just about everyone but if you were missed just please make your way up here now while I go over more stuff."

A few people shift through the crowd towards Josh in the front and then he continues.

"The route is already pre-programmed into everyone's GPS. We've located the building at a place they use to call Louisville in the old what use to be called state of Kentucky. We think the drive will take between four and a half to five hours; could be less, could be more. Considering still in this time today there still isn't cars on the roads here we expect that there won't be many there either, but we can't be sure so be ready for anything unusual we don't have here in Chicago. There could be different things; a whole different world further east. Even though we are traveling not more east than where we are now, we've only ever traveled west so who knows."  (A/N- see attached pic. I just got it from Apple maps off my iPad so if you live there, cool! I just stalked your city/state on a map for a whole 5 seconds! Correct me if that info is wrong please!! Continue to read... NOW!)

"I could say more but we have a five or so hour ride ahead so any questions?"

Silence.

"Okay then. Let's go."

* * *

After the process of getting everyone situated and in trucks we are off driving through the fence of Chicago. Hopefully when we come back through these walls we will have more people with us. More returning people with us. Maybe even some that have never been or even heard of Chicago before but are in need of help.

Somehow I ended up driving with Amar. Zeke and I were originally going to be together but he ended up with Bud from the Control Room and all of the trucks already had a driver to Amar offered; no, more like told me to come with him. I'm not complaining though.

I offered to drive, but he declined my offer saying that I 'have to keep in touch with the other leaders and Josh and probably can work the technology better than he can so he will drive and I can tell him what the GPS says and all of that other stuff.'

"You know what just doesn't make sense?" Amar says. "The Bureau was located super close to Chicago, at least I think. What made David go way south and east of the Bureau for this building? You'd think he would've kept it by the Bureau, possibly?"

"True. But no one would probably think to find it way out in the old Kentucky so that's probably his logic behind it." I say.

"Yeah, probably.

And as life goes on we drive for five or so hours with the crackling of the walkie-talkie; answering it every now and then, the GPS giving directions every now and again which I read aloud because the speaker on it that makes it talk is broken and some conversation every little while.

That is until all of the trucks that were also with us start lining up and stopping in an astray way. People get out looking confused and Amar and I follow, probably looking the same.

"Holy crap."

A/N-

Hi humans!!!

First off I'm so sorry for it being forever and a half since I updated. I've been busy and stressed and sick so yeah.

What better way then to name this chap after the one thing I say wayyyy too much... "Holy crap"!   Haha

I actually wrote this chap while in the bathtub (yeah I know tmi) because I've had the worst stomach/ abdominal pain for like a week now and the warm water feels good so don't judge. :p

I was suppose to be at Colorguard practice right now but I was in too much pain so here I am now.

40.4k reads!!!!! <4 <4 (:

Anyways...

Thanks for reading!!

Don't forget to

Vote

And

Comment

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much! (: