Chapter 11 - Invitations

Cara

I am almost two months pregnant now, and let me be honest, it sucks. I've gotten over the fact that I'm only nineteen and am becoming excited for this baby to come. (A/N- I am having Caleb and Cara be the same age, I know she's older in the book, but who cares. On with the story...) My stomach isn't showing much, but if you're looking closely or I'm wearing a tight fitting shirt, you can tell.

Right now Caleb and I are lounging on the couch in our apartment coming up with people to invite to the wedding next month in May. Christina has accepted to be my Maid of Honor since she is like my closest friend, and most likely would have ended up being my sister-in-law and marrying my brother.

Weddings aren't that big in Erudite. It's kind of like the ceremony, then a small party with chatting fizzy drinks and cake. Nothing over the top like the Amity do.

This is kind of depressing because the list of people that would have been invited is longer than the list of people that are. But so far, we are going to have like thirty to fourty people invited and it is going to be very, very small. Caleb being from Abnegation doesn't want a huge over the top wedding with like the whole faction invited, and me being myself doesn't want a wedding like that either.

Even though my mother had died when I was little, (A/N- No, never happened in the books, well, it could have, but it never says so just role with it.) my father will still be at the ceremony to walk me down the aisle. At least someone from my family is still alive, unlike Caleb...

I wish that I could have had Tris be my Maid of Honor and have Will be Caleb's best man, but sadly, both of them are on that long list of people that would have been invited.

I look over the list one last time and realize that Christina is the only person invited from Dauntless. I feel bad because she probably wouldn't know anyone. Don't I know other people from Dauntless...

"Hey, Caleb. Can we invite Four? I mean, he would probably come if..." I start not wanting to finish the sentence.

He most likely would have been invited and would come, well, if Tris was coming.

"Sure, but I don't know if he will show up, but we can invite him."

"Since Christina is coming, maybe she'll drag him along with her. Plus, maybe it will be good for him to come." I say hopefully.

He nods and then writes Four down in black ink on the piece of paper.

We begin to address envelopes because we had the invitations printed with all of the information on them already, to all of the people we invited.

"Thirty one people total." I tell Caleb.

"Perfect size for a small wedding." He says and kisses my cheek.

"Exactly." I say pressing my lips to his.

Tobias

I am just about to leave the next morning when a knock comes on my door. I go to open it but no one is there but there is a letter on the ground.

"What?" I say.

"Who would send me a letter?" I wonder.

The little sticker in the top left corner of the envelope has -Caleb Prior- written with blue meaning that it was sent from Erudite.

What would he be sending a letter to me for?

Because I cannot take the suspense anymore, I rip open the envelope. What is inside of it is what surprised me the most.

It looks somewhat like this:

(A/N- Again, just gave Cara a random last name. She isn't entitled to one in the book.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~You're invited to the wedding of Caleb Prior and Cara Jameson.~

Date: May 3

Place: Main building of Erudite Headquarters

Time : 3pm ceremony, 8pm reception

Mail back the attached card to RSVP ASAP

Hope you can make it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What made him send me a wedding invitation? I haven't talk to him in like a year. It's way too hard, he never looked like a sister until she was gone, now I can't look at him, or even talk to him without seeing her or hearing her voice. It's crazy and upsetting.

Do I go? Tris would want me to go, but I don't want to. Yet again, she would want me to go and she would go if she was here right now, and I would go with her. But she isn't here, which changes that. What am I going to do?

I stuff the envelope with the invitation in my pocket and walk off towards the control room, locking my apartment door behind me. As I'm walking, I wave to people around the compound. My mother, random people that waved to me so I way back, and Chris who is leaving her apartment for work now too with a similar envelope to mine in her hand.

"Hey, Four! You got a minute?"she calls.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Were you invited to the wedding, too?" She asks glancing at the envelope my hand.

"Yeah, why? Are you too?"

"Yes. She asked me to be her maid of honor in the ceremony. It is kind of short notice though to have the invitations going out this late. It's only one week away!"

I nod.

"So, are you going to go?" She asks hopefully.

"I'm not sure yet. I might."

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! Come and keep me company., There's probably not gonna be many people from Dauntless there..." She tries to persuade me

She does have a point... She will probably be lonely considering that there won't be many people from this faction there. But her brother, her brother. They just sound and look so a like. I don't know if I could handle being around him for that long. It's not like he's a bad person, he's changed a lot and is a very nice guy. It's just the fact of the memories that I can't handle to be around him with.

"Please!" She begs

I'm going to regret this later...

"Oh, fine. I'll come... But only to keep you company."

She smiles knowing that she won this battle.

"I have to get off to the control room now. See you around!" I tell her because I'm probably already late.

"Yeah, I should get to the tattoo parlor too I guess. See you later!"

I walk away wondering why I ever said I'd go.

A/N-

I really have nothing to say other than I should go eat breakfast now. I wanted to update before because I was on a roll with writing this.

Anyway...
Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4