Imagine 5: Turn🧛‍♀️ (Lost Boys)

Pairing: Y/N x the Lost Boys

Summary: *Y/N's dad (Dwayne) and uncles (David, Paul, and Marko) are vampires, and Y/N is now at the age where she can either turn into a vampire, or live and die a human.*

Y/N's POV

I climb off the bus, bag thrown over my back and phone in hand.
I glance down at the message from my mom.

Mom:
"Be careful in Santa Carla, stay by your dad, okay?"

Y/N:
"Okay, mom. I'll see you soon. Love you💛

She doesn't reply back, so I put the phone away and start my walk.
The guys cave is about a thirty minute walk. Dad was supposed to pick me up, but I arrived about an hour before sunset, so he can't.
Besides, the walk will give me some time to think anyway.
I'm 18 now, and I can't live with mom forever.
She doesn't say anything, but I can tell that on some days I'm a bother to her. She's ready to have some time for herself. Can't blame her honestly...she was only 20 when she had me.
Her and some friends were at the Santa Carla boardwalk where she met my dad Dwayne.
Well, her and him hit it off, pretty fast honestly, and nine months later SURPRISE! There I was.
Mom never loved Dad, but I kind of get the feeling that he loved her. Though he's never said anything about it, I can see it in his eyes.
She pulled up her stakes and moved to Los Angelas when I was three. There, she works as a makeup artist for celebrities.
I hum softly, skipping my way to there cave. I can smell the ocean from here!
I make it just in time before it gets dark.
I climb down the staircase and enter the cave.
It's a bit chilly down here, so I zip up my hoodie.
"Dad? Guys? I'm here!" I call, dropping my bag on the broken fountain.
No answer, not right away. Until I hear the steps of multiple feet come running down.
"Y/N!" A voice calls, running to me.
I turn around and instantly I'm hugged by one of the blond guys.
"Hey uncle Paul," I grunt because he's tightened his grip around me.
He laughs, pulling away. "We missed you!"
"Y/N! How's my favorite girl?!"
"Uncle Marko!" I run to him, colliding into his chest. Paul looks at us, then at David.
"Seriously? She runs to him but shells up when I hug her?"
"You took me by surprise, Paul," I laugh, pulling away to hug David.
"How are you, Y/N?" David asks, running a gloved hand through my hair.
I smile cheeky like, "I'm well, just turned 18."
"18?!" Paul and Marko say at the same time.
David gives them a look, one that I don't understand, but before I can ask Dad comes up and hugs me.
"How's my little girl?" He asks, kissing the top of my head.
I sigh softly. It's been months since I've seen Dad...didn't know how much I've missed his hugs until now.
"I'm good, dad," I smile up at him.
He smiles back, and for a moment, I stare at his young face.
If dad was living human years, he'd be in his late 30s right now and aging, but instead, he looks like he's still in his mid 20s.
Because he's a vampire.
Just like David, Paul, and Marko. They all look so young, especially Marko, who literally looks like he's 19.
It surprises me sometimes, but I try to push aside the thoughts.
"Marko? Go get some dinner," David orders, pulling up a chair for me to take a seat.
Marko grumbles. "Why do I always do it?"
"Because your the little one," Paul messes with Marko's hair, "we get to push you around."
Marko smacks his hands away, and I laugh.
"Whatever, hey Y/N? Wanna go for a ride?"
"Marko, she just arrived!" Dad says, "let her rest."
"No it's alright, dad." I stand up, "I'm gonna be here for a week, so one little ride won't hurt."
I follow Marko out, and before we're too far gone, I hear dad yell.
"Don't drive like a manic Marko! Or else!"
A warning, one me and Marko laugh at as we jump on his bike and speed away.

*Later*

We got Chinese takeout and flew back to the cave.
The guys and I sit around the broken fountain, talking up a storm and laughing the hours away.
David glances at me every few moments, and finally I ask what's on his mind.
He puts his chopsticks in his container. "Well, Y/N. It occured to me that your 18."
Dad's smile fades from his lips. "David..."
I look between them, and at everyone who just went from obnoxiously happy to dead silent.
"Uh, yeah," I say slowly, "why?"
David clasps his hands. "You know what we are, Y/N. Vampires, we never grow old, and we never die. Its a secret we've been keeping for a very long time. A secret you know."
I'm totally confused by this, and I look at dad for answers. He doesn't say anything, he just stares at David.
"Y/N," David continues, "do you want to turn?"
My stomach sinks.
"Why are you asking her this now?" Dad stands up, hands clenched. "She just showed up!"
"We have to get this out of the way Dwayne. You knew it would happen someday."
"But not today!" Dad shouts, which is a rare thing to see from him. He's always been a quiet kind of guy, but right now he looks like he wants to attack David.
Marko and Paul stare at me in silence.
"Guys, I've been keeping your secret! Mom still doesn't know, I haven't told anyone I swear!"
"I know Y/N, and I trust you not to," Dad wraps an arm around me, but I push it off.
"I need some air."
I get up and run out of there, leaving behind an arguing Dwayne and David.

***

I sit on the edge overlooking the ocean, dangling my feet on the edge.
I've known about there secret ever since I was young.
I never told a soul, not even mom.
She thinks dad lives in a regular house somewhere in Santa Carla. (Shows how much she actually cares)
Why would David ask this of me?
"Y/N?"
I look to see dad standing behind me.
I look away as he sits besides me. "You okay?"
I nod, licking my lips a little. "I guess."
Dad sighs. "I didn't know David would ask you."
"I know," I whisper, hands clasped in between my legs. "It's just..." I exhale, "surprising."
Dad nods, looking at the ocean.
"I never got the chance to ask, how's your mom?"
His voice went a little high at the end, which makes me stare at him.
"She's fine. She's gonna get married soon."
His face falls. "Oh, um..." He trails off, "that's...that's good. I'm, I'm happy for her."
He lowers his gaze. He's trying to hide the little pain in his eyes.
I wrap an arm around him.
"Do you think, if mom had known back then, she would have stayed with you?"
"No," he answers quickly, "and I don't think I would've had the balls to tell her."
I close my eyes, leaning into him. "I'm sorry," I whisper.
"Don't be," he smiles, "something good came out of it all." He squeezes my hand, and I smile softly.
Dad chuckles under his breath. "I remember when you were just a baby, and I held you in my arms for the first time. You were so small, so sweet...I never really believed in fate or love at first sight, but I felt both those things when I saw you.
I knew you were meant to be in my life, that I was meant to be your dad.
But at the same time, it scared me.
I'm a vampire, and your a human. I'd live, while you would die. I didn't want to face that truth, but David reminded me of it tonight."
He sighs. "Y/N, I'm not gonna force you to do this. It's your choice, but I want you to know that if you do decide to turn, you'd never be alone. You'd have me, and your uncles."
He hugs me. "I'll give you some time to think about it, lamb."
He walks away, back to the cave, and I'm stuck with my running thoughts.
Vampire life...it does sound nice.
Humanity can be so corrupt and evil.
I would be safe here with my real family.
But at the same time, I'm throwing away any chance of my dreams coming true.
I sigh, lowering my head.

***

"You're such an ass, David," Dwayne growls, "how could you do that?"
"What? Would you rather wait? This is the perfect age..." David says.
"You just don't get it! You-" dad stops, hearing me come down the steps.
"Y/N?" He asks.
I sigh. "I wanna turn."
Everyone's eyes go wide.
"Sweetheart," Paul walks up, "are you sure?"
I nod. "Yeah, I want to stay here with you guys."
Dad's eyes widen, but David smiles.
"Marko?" He says, and Marko grabs the bottle.
He hands it to me.
"You got this girl," Marko says.
"You'll like it Y/N, being a vampire is tons of fun."
David nods. "Just take a couple of drinks."
I look at my dad, whose smiling a little.
I exhale, lifting the bottle to my lips.

Thxs for reading!