Imagine 9: Prom Date👗 (Marko) Pt. 2

Part two of imagine 8!

Pairing: Y/N x Marko

Summary: *Y/N meets Marko in the school parking lot for prom. Things go well so far, but will that last?*

Y/N's POV

"Aw sweetheart you look absolutely stunning!" Mom walks up and kisses my cheek before turning to my brothers. "Doesn't she look beautiful?"
Sam's face is buried in a comic book, and Michael is messing with his hair.
"Boys?" Mom says, in a tone that gets them to snap there heads towards us.
"Sis...that's a pretty dress," Sammy says.
Michael smiles. "It looks beautiful on you Y/N."
"Ding Dong!" Grandpa comes in, holding a bottle of soda. "Is the little lady ready?"
I smile. "Yeah, I'm ready."
"Okay, have fun sweetheart!"
"Bye Y/N!"
Grandpa hooks his arm around mine, walking me out the door and to his car.
"You look like a princess," he smiles, turning the car on.
I smile a little as well, fixing the flower in my hair.
Hopefully Marko actually shows up and doesn't bail...

A/N! This is your dress! P.S., it doesn't have to be this exact color. Just pretend it's your favorite color!😄

*Later*

When grandpa dropped me off, I pretended to walk in the school, but when I heard him drive away, I ran back out to the parking lot.
So far, twenty minutes later sitting on the curb, Marko is a no show.
For a moment I believe that he stood me up, and right when I'm about to give up on waiting for him, I hear the rev of a motorbike engine. And see a colorful figure speed through the parking lot before he stops and shuts it off.
My heart beats a little faster.
He gets off and sees me, walking towards me. He hasn't changed out of his outfit. No tux, no dress shoes. Just his patch jacket, a pair of jeans with leather over them, and his flashing earring.
"Hey," he says, hands in pockets and a little smile on his face. "You waited."
"Of course, you wanted to meet in the parking lot," I stand up, brushing off my dress.
His eyes widen a little, but soon he shakes his head softly and he goes back to his normal look.
"Are you ready?"
"Been ready," I giggle, walking us towards the entrance.
I show them my guest pass, and in we go.
Pop music is blasting on the speakers, and the gym is lit up with blue lights.
"Wow," I whisper, totally stunned at how good everything looks.
Teens are dancing and laughing, and some are sitting on benches, talking.
I laugh, looking at Marko, who doesn't smile.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing," he says, "I'm just...not used to this."
I open my mouth to ask why, but realization hits me.
I've never seen Marko in school before, and dances aren't really a guy thing to do.
I tuck some hair behind ear, waiting anxiously.
Is Marko gonna ask me to dance? Will I be able to handle it with his hands in mine?
I exhale softly, fixing an error in my dress.
Another song turns on, and out of the corner of my eye, I see Marko swaying side to side, arms crossed over his chest.
I smile. "Like this song?"
"It's got a catchy vibe," he laughs, and it's the most adorable thing I've ever heard.
I move to the front of him, taking his hands into mine.
His eyes widen a little, but all I do is hold his hands and move them around to the beat of the music.
Finally, he loosens up, and soon, he's swinging our arms around.
He spins me, and I spin him.
We're both laughing like total dorks, oblivious to the eyes that are on us.
"Y/N!" A girl runs up, interrupting our dance.
"Excuse me for a minute," she pushes Marko out of the way, dragging me away from him.
"Hey! What's your problem?!"
"What's YOUR problem?!" She flips around to face me. "Do you even know who he is?!"
"Uhhh, yeah. He's Marko."
"No he's not just Marko! He's one of the Lost Boys!" She eyes him, and I turn to look.
Marko has his arms crossed, eyes scanning the room.
Lost boys? I've never heard of that name before... though I know he hangs around those three other guys all the time. Maybe that's there gang name?
"They are bad news, Y/N. You should stay away from him."
I scoff. "I'm capable of judging a good from bad person, Liz," I snark at her.
Her eyes are flaming. "Don't say I didn't warn you." She walks away, and I walk back to Marko.
"Hey, you okay?" He asks sweetly. I sigh. How could he be a bad guy? He's so nice and sweet. Always smiling that cat like grin.
"Yeah, I'm great," I smile, before the lights dim and a slow dance song turns on.
My heart speeds up.
I think for a moment that he's not gonna do anything, but once again, he proves me wrong.
"Would you like to dance?"
He holds a hand out, and I stare at him wide eyed.
This is gonna be totally different then what we were doing.
He'll be much closer, and a romantic song is playing.
I take his hand, and he pulls me to the middle of the dance floor.
He stands in front of me, placing one hand behind my back.
Instantly nervousness hits me.
He puts one of my hands on his shoulder, and when we're positioned, we begin to dance.
I can barely breath.
I glance around, everywhere but into his eyes. The kids around us are staring, some wide eyed, some glaring.
"Don't pay them attention," Marko says, "it's just you and me."
Tha-dump, tha-dump...😩
I nod a little. "Why are they staring so much?"
"Probably because of me," he says, "for a few reasons."
"Which are?" I ask.
"Well, one would be I don't go to school. Two would be I'm a Lost Boy, which is what that girl was freaking out about. And three, I'm the only one not wearing a tux."
He winks, and I giggle.
"Well, I think you look handsome tonight," I smile, but his face totally changes.
His playful eyes just changed, he's not smiling anymore, and he's staring at me with such an intensity it makes my stomach clench.
"What?" I ask.
"You just said..." He trails off, shaking his head. "Forget it."
I furrow my brow, confused and weirded out rolled into one.
I want to ask him what he means, but before I could, he whispers ever so softly.
"You're so beautiful..."
I look up at him, gulping.
He's so close...just one little nudge and-
"Bloodsucker!" Someone shouts, before out of nowhere Marko gets hit in the back of the head with a tomato.
And then I'm hit with a tomato on my chest.
Marko flips around in an instant, eyes scanning the crowd like a predator who just got poked.
He grabs my hand. "We gotta go."
"Wh-why?!" I ask, being practically dragged away.
He pushes through all the kids, until we're out in the parking lot.
When he lets me go and runs to his bike, jumping on and kick starting it.
I don't know what to think or do, I just stand watching him.
He pulls up beside me. "Get on."
"Why?"
"Would you rather I leave you?"
To be honest, no.
I climb onto the back, bundling up my dress so it won't get dirty.
"Hang on tight," he says, and in an instant we speed out of there.
I nearly lose my balance, but quickly I wrap my arms around him. There's nothing else to hang on back here!
He hits the main road and we drive for about five minutes before he pulls off to the dirt road that leads to the beach.
He pulls up to a sandy spot and parks, getting off.
"Here," he takes my hand and helps me off. "I'm sorry about your dress."
The tomato that that kid threw exploded and stained my dress.
Well, that was a one time wear 😢
He walks over to the water and squats, grabbing handfuls to wash his hair.
I do the same, washing the seeds off my neck, and the juice out of my dress as best as possible.
After we're all cleaned up, we sit on the sand, listening to the waves.
I glance at him. "Why did he call you bloodsucker?"
Marko shrugs. "I'm just as lost as you, but there's no doubt that that guy is a total moron."
I nod, grabbing handfuls of my dress and squeezing.
"Look, I'm sorry we had to leave to soon."
"Its- its okay," I fake a smile. "I'm just glad we're still hanging out."
He looks at me and smiles. "You like hanging out with me?"
"Yeah, I do."
"Well," he scoots closer, "I like hanging out with you too."
I blush extremely hard, and before I know it, he touches my chin and kisses me.
A little peck at first, but soon it becomes passionate, his hands reaching up to cup my face.
I can barely think straight, but I'm loving every second of this. Of him.
We kiss for a couple moments, but suddenly he pulls away.
"No, this-we can't be doing this."
He stands up and walks to his bike.
I look at him. "It's okay, I-"
"It's not okay Y/N! We shouldn't even be seeing each other."
"But why?" I ask, feeling my heart shatter.
"It's better to keep things in the dark, Y/N," he starts his bike. "I'll drive you home. But after that, don't approach me anymore."
I can't breathe. The boy that I've liked for so long, is pushing me away.
I fight to keep my tears in as I climb onto the back and we drive away.

To be continued...